having a TV on at work all day

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
this is driving me crazy. I'm interning at a mutual fund, and they have the damned tv on the entire day on the finance news channel. i've memorized every commercial they show on it, and some are in languages i don't understand :(
anyone else suffering? doubtful since its 3am in the US...

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: vshah
this is driving me crazy. I'm interning at a mutual fund, and they have the damned tv on the entire day on the finance news channel. i've memorized every commercial they show on it, and some are in languages i don't understand :(

I used to work in a home theater store. There was a time when I could recite the entire "you can't handle the truth" cross examination between Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson... both parts... with impressions... good impressions...

I also had Gibson's "they will never take our freedom" speech from Braveheart memorized. And the "little red button" scene from 5th Element...

"It's light! Breaks down into four parts undetectable by x-ray, ideal for quick discrete interventions... a word on fire power... " :laugh:

jonnyjack

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
i have a tv at work and have seen so many episodes of maury/tyra/montel. don't even need a clock anymore, can tell what time it is based on the currently airing program, haha.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: jonnyjack
i have a tv at work and have seen so many episodes of maury/tyra/montel. don't even need a clock anymore, can tell what time it is based on the currently airing program, haha.

And when they time the revelation of the paternity test?

*First paternity test is up! 11:26!*

:laugh:

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
Originally posted by: vshah

I used to work in a home theater store. There was a time when I could recite the entire "you can't handle the truth" cross examination between Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson... both parts... with impressions... good impressions...

I also had Gibson's "they will never take our freedom" speech from Braveheart memorized. And the "little red button" scene from 5th Element...

"It's light! Breaks down into four parts undetectable by x-ray, ideal for quick discrete interventions... a word on fire power... " :laugh:

:p nice...i have a 720 version of 5th element...it is truly a sweet movie