Having a "professtionally organized" computer

evolvedbullet

Mar 11, 2006
I have a computer thats very organized but the lack of software makes my efforts in keeping the desktop clean pointless. I would like some kind of widgets or something like that to make my desktop space to look a bit more... busy or technical (sorry if you don't understand, I can see that my question might not make sense). I would also like a kick a*s wallpaper to go along with it. Do you folks have any idea on how to make my computer seem more.... busy (I don't know how to put it but I think you know what I'm trying to say).

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Most people spend their time trying to keep their desktop clean, and you want to clutter your's up?

evolvedbullet

Mar 11, 2006
No no no, I like a clean desktop but it seems so empty when I look at it. I don't want to pour out everything in my computer onto my desktop or anything like that. I just want to have a nice desktop that looks busy. I honestly don't know how to say the question in another way. I did the best I could.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Jeff7181
Most people spend their time trying to keep their desktop clean, and you want to clutter your's up?

he wants his boss to think he's doing lots of work i guess.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
There's no shame in having a bare desktop. Hell, I have an almost bare desktop on purpose. The things I use frequently are in the Quick Launch bar so I can click them without minimizing any other windows. I even have a toolbar that's just a menu to give me two click access to other less frequently used programs and games.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Yahoo widges, throw at least a clock, calendar and weather widgets on the desktop, possibly stock tickers.

images.google.com is your friend for wallpapers.

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
get some wallpaper from interfacelift.com, grab konfabulator and add some widgets (or if you're on mac, just have lots of folders open), and you're golden.