Having a kegger soon... Best way to keep beer cold?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: brigden
Originally posted by: Staley8
If you get the kegs from any self-respecting store they will let you use the nice plastic tubs for a $5 cleaning fee or something cheap like that. And you will NOT even get to the second keg if there are only 8 real drinkers, 15 girls, and 7 light drinkers/non-drinkers. If you had 30 guys, then you would easily finish 2 kegs in a night as it's only 10+ a piece....but with that few drinkers, no way.

There are roughly 162 beers in a keg by the way, you do the math.

Trust me. Over two days we will destroy two kegs.

Last year five of us murdered a keg over fourteen hours.

Update? Or did he die?

cain

Banned
Aug 1, 2003
yoyo, i got the perfect way man, i am a frat boy, so i know this kind of sh1t

get a big round tub and pack it with about 2 inches of ice and fill it up with water. make sure you put the key in first though.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
2 kegs at roughly 96 pints each

192 pints x roughly 5 icecubes each to keep cold = 960 ice cubes

192 pints divided by 30 ppl = 6.4 pints per person......set up a barf bucket or invite me to help out.

austin316

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
180 Beers in a keg, 2 kegs, 20 people at the party. Thats 360 total beers, or 18 beers a person. If this is an all day, outdoor party, I would be surprised to see the beer last. College age kids can put down a case easily in a day.

Nov 7, 2000
at my college teh local grocery store would provide garbage cans along with the keg and tap to be returned at teh end of the weekend. makes things very simple. 2 kegs with 15 dudes over a weekend will be tough. good luck!