Having a great day!! :) - How is yours going??!!

ScoobMaster

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2001
Howdy all AT'ers!!!

I am just overflowing with positive energy today -with so many negative things going on in the world, I thought I would try to lighten things up a bit!

I woke up this morining and snuggled with my wonderful wife. Then my 11-month old son rolled over and gazed into my eyes, smiled, and said "da-da da-da da-DA" (if you are a father, you KNOW the joy that brings!!)

Things here at work are going smooth - AND the weather forecast for here in upstate NY is "sunny and 60-65, with near 70 tomorrow" - Gonna go home early and test my new BBQ grill this afternoon!!!!!!!

Ahhh..........life is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you all could feel as happy and alive right now as I do - have a great day and spend some time with someone you love!

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Day is going extremely slow right now. I am about to get off work (after only two hours of sleep) and head off to Organic Chem for a quiz. I then have to go to Bio for a quiz and then two hours in BIo quiz. Today is going to be a long day, but spring break starts as soon as I get out of Bio Lab today.:)

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I am officially off-shift as of two minutes ago, so I'm going to go home, eat breakfast, go pick up my dog from my g/f's parents, run some errands, and go to sleep.

rootaxs

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2000
Cute! :)

Yep, though i'm sleepy i'm also happy. It's muggy outside but then again i don't mind, i love rain! :cool:

<<
I woke up this morining and snuggled with my wonderful wife. Then my 11-month old son rolled over and gazed into my eyes, smiled, and said "da-da da-da da-DA" (if you are a father, you KNOW the joy that brings!!)
>>

StrangeRanger

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Scoob, i hear ya on the dad thing...except this morning all in one shot it was my 2 yo doing a super-fly-snooka onto me along with my 125lb golden and my 87lb black lab! My lab has got a KILLER freakin' tongue too, slobber all over the place.
Then, I come into work and there's a digi-cam sitting on my desk. Wtf? I'm thinking. Turns out I WON the camera from one of my vendors. P-syich!
j

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
I am having a great day too! I went to the Bad Religion show last night and it was awesome (as always) has put me in a great mood today. Oh, and the fact that my 57" Toshiba Widescreen TV is being delivered isn't hurting.. :D

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Today is going pretty good so far:

1) It's Friday
2) It's a nice day
3) I got to work in 12 minutes because the roads were fairly empty and I got to go 90 the whole way (I love speed)
4) My boss is out

NeoMadHatter

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2000
johntwang.com
well, at least it's friday. i'll be done classes at 11am. Maryland is playing in the ACC tourney today against FSU at 12pm and i'm going to watch it. and well, i have an exam on monday. but it's going ok so far.

ScoobMaster

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2001
Hey StrangeRanger, congrats on winning the camera - getting prizes for free is always good! :)

I just got some more awesome news - my wife called and is going to bring my son here so we can all have lunch together. Warm weather, sunshine, and a family lunch in the park a few miles from my office!!!!! Man some days it just feels so great to be alive!!!!!!!!

mpitts - enjoy that 57" Toshiba!!!!! I assume you have a progressive DVD player and killer Dolby DTS receiver to go with it!

Fangorn

Feb 27, 2001
Its -36 C here this morning. I'm finding it very hard to get motivated to open the door.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

<< Howdy all AT'ers!!!

I am just overflowing with positive energy today -with so many negative things going on in the world, I thought I would try to lighten things up a bit!

Things here at work are going smooth - AND the weather forecast for here in upstate NY is "sunny and 60-65, with near 70 tomorrow" - Gonna go home early and test my new BBQ grill this afternoon!!!!!!!

Ahhh..........life is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you all could feel as happy and alive right now as I do - have a great day and spend some time with someone you love!
>>

I was awakened by soft warm kisses, rolled over and got smacked in the face with the fetid tuna breath of a 20 pound cat
hoping to wake me up long enough to feed him.

Stumbled to the bathroom only to find that the hot water heater is on the fritz.. again ah well cold showers are invigorating and theraputic right ?

Go out to the kitchen only to find that my favorite bean grinder died quietly sometime in the middle of the night and I have no ground coffee in the house. Hold my nose to settle for a cip of instant, open the cupboard only to have a huge ceramic mug fly off the shelf and wack me right in the head. As I stumbled backwardfs I knocked over a chair that was holding a box of about 1,000 floppy disks that had been given to me. The two cats seeing floppy disks hitting the floor said "yes, it's time to play hockey, My left foot hit a disk just as it was sent flying under my foot and I did a split on the kitchen floor that would done a Dallas cowboys cheerleader proud !

I'm thinking of going back to bed, it's safer there and I don't think I can afford the medical bills that venturing into my living room could produce :D

Glad your day is going so well thus far !!

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
I'm happy too!

Just bought all new golf clubs last night and then went to the driving range and had a successful evening there :)

I'm a couple days ahead of my current project at work, so i'm pretty much just hanging around today, taking it easy.

Supposed to be 70 and sunny tomorrow, and i already made a tee time with some co-workers at a course up in maryland.

And it's friday! woo hoo!

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Lousy!! My boss is gone....I'm in charge....so of course our main database server blows up! Wait a minute....why am I in the forums? Damn things....they're addictive as crack.

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001

<< I'm thinking of going back to bed, it's safer there and I don't think I can afford the medical bills that venturing into my living room could produce >>

Here's hoping your weekend is better than your morning :)

CK

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
The good:
it's friday
the weather is great (supposed to hit 70 today)
traffic was light
a particularly hot coworker of mine has a "fabric-conserving" ensemble on today
my goodies to finish my new gaming rig are being delivered as I type this

The bad:
it may rain tomorrow and I really wanted to get in a mountain bike ride
I have nothing to do today at work save neffing my brains out on ATOT

All in all, having a pretty good day.:)

Fausto

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
have to redo some drawings I spent the week detailing, sucks.

TGIF

Theslowone

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2000
Just got physically assaulted and possibly butt raped by an ECE test, but my day of work is over for the most part so I guess its going good.

punkrawket

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2001
i have a hangover like a mofo.... i have a quiz at noon... and i have an almost 3 hour drive home :eek:

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Exam in unix at 12, then work from 5-9. But next week is spring break for me and I have five days off :D Yep its a great day!

WA261

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001
Only positive thing here is the fact that its Friday...

Snowed like hell lastnight...the swampcooler cover frickin came loose and was blowing SO LOUD in the wind all night.....woke up and recalled that i didnt park in the garage....had to clean like a foot of damn snow was all over my car....my windshield wiper froze to the windshield so when i turned them on the rubber ripped all off the right one..GGGRRRR!!!!!!!! took me like 30min to get to work cuz of the roads..usually takes 8min....get to work and im sick....my gut is killing me and im sore all over..hope its not the flu.......man....today is draggin...

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
<<I was awakened by soft warm kisses, rolled over and got smacked in the face with the fetid tuna breath of a 20 pound cat
hoping to wake me up long enough to feed him.

Stumbled to the bathroom only to find that the hot water heater is on the fritz.. again ah well cold showers are invigorating and theraputic right ?

Go out to the kitchen only to find that my favorite bean grinder died quietly sometime in the middle of the night and I have no ground coffee in the house. Hold my nose to settle for a cip of instant, open the cupboard only to have a huge ceramic mug fly off the shelf and wack me right in the head. As I stumbled backwardfs I knocked over a chair that was holding a box of about 1,000 floppy disks that had been given to me. The two cats seeing floppy disks hitting the floor said "yes, it's time to play hockey, My left foot hit a disk just as it was sent flying under my foot and I did a split on the kitchen floor that would done a Dallas cowboys cheerleader proud !

I'm thinking of going back to bed, it's safer there and I don't think I can afford the medical bills that venturing into my living room could produce

Glad your day is going so well thus far !!>>

Rotfl, sounds like something that would happen to me. :p

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
i was going to keep my mouth shut cause today sucks like every other day. but when i read baffled's post i laughed. Thanks Baff....

today sucks but tomorrow i will be watching spring training baseball in 75 degree weather in the sun. ;)

EDIT: today just got worse. my manager just handed me last months invoices and i have to correlate and file them....gggrrrrrr :|

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000

<< mpitts - enjoy that 57" Toshiba!!!!! I assume you have a progressive DVD player and killer Dolby DTS receiver to go with it! >>

An excellent assumption. :D I will be playing all weekend.. hehe

Joyride

Golden Member
Apr 2, 2001
Praying to all things holy I get this job I want

Then my day and short term future will be looking good.