Haven't receieved ebay item, it's been 3 weeks

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Long post, cliff's notes at end.

The auction I won

I won/paid for this auction, and I have not recieved anything. I sent some emails and even called a few times. Here's a timeline of what happened:

3/1 - I win auction

3/3 - I paypal funds instantly, recieve response saying it'll be shipped out on 3/4

3/8 - recieve email from seller, package has not been shipped due to "showing the house". Seller apologizes, and will include an extra 15 items, will ship out on 3/10.

3/15 - I email and ask for an update on shipment. No response via email.

3/15 - I look up account info on ebay, call seller. Seller says she was "Writing my email as we speak." I ask for the tracking number on the package, which was sent parcel post, she says it only has a delivery confirmation number. She said she shipped on 3/12, I should recieve the package on 3/19. I never recieved the email she was writing as I called her.

3/16 - I email seller requesting Delivery Confirmation number to verify that the package is en route

3/17 - I recieve email response at 6AM saying she is not at her house, reciept with DC# is at home, so I will get the info later that day.

3/18 - I call and get her hubby on the line. He says it's been shipped, and he will let her know I called. I ask him to ask her to send me Delivery Confirmation number.

3/20 - I haven't recieved package. I call, get hubby again. He says he'll give her the message that I called.

3/23 - I call, no one picks up, so I leave a message asking for that delivery confirmation number.

3/23 - I send an email, this time basically saying that without a response with DC#, I can only assume the package has not been shipped.

15 minutes later I get an email back, saying the package has been returned "undeliverable"...she asked me to verify the address, which was wrong. My address is 63W245 Anystreet Road, She says she put down 68245 Anystreet Road. She put an 8 instead of a 3 and left out the W.

I email back, saying I would prefer FedEx or UPS shipment. THis way it's trackable, and when she ships, she can give them my email so she doesn't even have to email me. I also ask for the weight and dimensions of the package.

Earlier when I called her, she said the package cost $100 to ship, but to ship a package from dallas to my place that weighs 70 pounds (the maximum allowed via parcel post) Only costs $25.

CLIFFS NOTES

It's been three weeks, I haven't recieved anything but weak promises and vague excuses. not even a DC or tracking #. She has good feedback, but this still reeks of fraud to me. I'm coming up to the deadline on filing with ebay and paypal to get my money back. Should I still file if she sends a package? At this point, by the time I recieve the package, the time will have expired to file a claim. If the package comes and it ends up being a box of bricks or something else not described, I'm left without recourse. She's also a member of squaretrade. Is this a good thing for me? Should I file with them too?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I would personally wait a bit longer UNLESS you're about to hit the point after which it's too late to file a claim. The fact is, you don't have it, so if it's wait to be dicked around, or file a claim before it's too late, obviously you have to do the latter.

MeanMeosh

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2001
how good feedback and how many? this guy i bought a dvd from had over 7k feedback and emailed me saying that since they were moving warehouses, my product wouldn't be shipped for two weeks.... i'm assuming he's not gonna ditch an account with over 7k feedback over a $7.50 dvd.... then i got an email two weeks later saying the product was shipped and then i got it. if its something like that... i wouldn't worry about it.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
click on the auction link to see the seller's feedback. She hasn't sold anything in 4 months.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: daveymark
click on the auction link to see the seller's feedback. She hasn't sold anything in 4 months.
Based on her description it seems maybe she needed the money. I would email her again telling her that if you don't have it in hand prior to the complaint date then your hands are tied and you have truly no other alternative. If she gets in your face tell her it was her fault not yours and that you can do nothing about it.

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
just file the complaint worses thing that can happen is that you get your money back and what ever it is you wanted to buy.