Haven't gone to the movie theater in 2 months. What a load of crap Hollywood is cranking out.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: 00Jones
Originally posted by: pulse8
You spend $30 at the movies? You're fvcking insane.

It's the arcades they have. I'd spend that much too. :D

i was leaving MAtchstick Men the other day (not too bad, shoulda waited to rent tho) and saw a lady who was at LEAST 60 playing the turkey shoot arcade game and enjoying having that shotgun in her grip

that was distrubing, yet humorous

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Last movie I saw at the theatres was Reloaded, and the one before that was Austin Powers 3.

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Skoorb
They must be taking their fiber, because I just checked on fandango and, not surprisingly, nothing worth blowing $30+ on for two people to watch. I think I'll watch the last samurai when it comes out (tom is such a heart throb!), and LOTR in December, and otherwise I can't see myself going to much else. Thanks for listening.

Don't forget the return of Santa Claus

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by: pulse8 You spend $30 at the movies? You're fvcking insane.
Tickets are $16 and then you gotta feed that hunger!

where in the fcuk do you live? Here (CA) it's 8.50 and with student ID, you get 2 dollars off.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: cr4zymofo
Originally posted by: pulse8 You spend $30 at the movies? You're fvcking insane.

where in the fcuk do you live? Here (CA) it's 8.50 and with student ID, you get 2 dollars off.

yuppers

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
I think I'll watch the last samurai when it comes out (tom is such a heart throb!), and...

Sir, I must question your gender and/or your masculinity.. :p

I was wondering that also, more proof that he's been spaded... :)

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
Originally posted by: cr4zymofo

In NY its 9.50-10.00 ALL SHOWS in many theaters (Loews, UA, Regan) If there is a locally owned theater (hardly anymore) then it's like $8 evening and $5 matinee.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I guess you really hated Matrix: Reloaded eh Skoorb? Did you check out the trailer for Revolutions...it looks much better. While I enjoyed Reloaded, I still think it had the "middle child syndrome"...Revolutions should rock.