Haven't gone to the movie theater in 2 months. What a load of crap Hollywood is cranking out.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
They must be taking their fiber, because I just checked on fandango and, not surprisingly, nothing worth blowing $30+ on for two people to watch. I think I'll watch the last samurai when it comes out (tom is such a heart throb!), and LOTR in December, and otherwise I can't see myself going to much else.

Thanks for listening.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Spoooon
Lost in Translation is getting great reviews.
Never heard of it :)

EDIT:
Sofia Coppola's second feature-length film focuses on two guests at a Tokyo hotel--Bob (Bill Murray),
Well, I don't pay money to see anything with Bill in it, but you're right it got a 95%. I'll rent it sometime :D

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: Spoooon
Lost in Translation is getting great reviews.
Never heard of it :)

EDIT:
Sofia Coppola's second feature-length film focuses on two guests at a Tokyo hotel--Bob (Bill Murray),
Well, I don't pay money to see anything with Bill in it, but you're right it got a 95%. I'll rent it sometime :D

Bill Murray is great. To each his own I suppose. :D

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: pulse8
You spend $30 at the movies? You're fvcking insane.
Tickets are $16 and then you gotta feed that hunger!

Then don't blame that on Hollywood. If you're going to pay $5.00 for a box of Snow Caps that's your fault. :p

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

Between paying for tickets and the exorbitant prices of drinks and popcorn, it's easy to spend close to $30. My wife and I don't go very often, though, and we usually smuggle in candy in her purse. :D

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Encryptic

Between paying for tickets and the exorbitant prices of drinks and popcorn, it's easy to spend close to $30. My wife and I don't go very often, though, and we usually smuggle in candy in her purse. :D

Ugh...then don't buy food there! Go to Costco and fill up the woman's purse! :)

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003

where the hell do u live where tix are $16? Oh, and go see something that is playing at the arthouse theatre in your city...there is always something good playing there.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I only pay about 4 bucks to see a movie, and that's with my military discount... :p

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
OK perhaps tickets are $7.50/person, but I"m not aware of a single theater in birmingham that has them any cheaper (and isn't a craphole).

We do smuggle food in often, although I use that word loosely since we don't often go to theaters, so it's not really possible to smuggle food often into movies you're not seeing. M&M Almonds are my favorite.

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
It costs alots to go to the movies. If they had some system where you could pay to watch the movie in full screen high quality online for like $3 i'd go for it! You could watch it on your tv and be able to pause it and all.

I'm too cheap. I just watch on average 1-2 movies a year at the theater. Lord of the Rings will definitely be the one i'll watch this year.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: waylman

where the hell do u live where tix are $16? Oh, and go see something that is playing at the arthouse theatre in your city...there is always something good playing there.

I think he means 2 * $8, in the bay it's around $9-$10 per ticket.

just look at my original post and you'll see why you haven't gone to the movies:

link

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Encryptic
im the same way Encryptic, except substitute 32oz.'s of beer for candy. I put the candy in my pockets. Need all the space i can get for the drinks. :D

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
i havent been to a movie since the two towers came out last year
and ROTK is the only movie im going to go and see in all of 2003.

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: jagr10
It costs alots to go to the movies. If they had some system where you could pay to watch the movie in full screen high quality online for like $3 i'd go for it! You could watch it on your tv and be able to pause it and all.

I'm too cheap. I just watch on average 1-2 movies a year at the theater. Lord of the Rings will definitely be the one i'll watch this year.

Tell me about it. Unless it's something we really want to see, we'll wait till it comes out on DVD to rent it. I'll definitely be there for ROTK, though.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I think I'll watch the last samurai when it comes out (tom is such a heart throb!), and...

Sir, I must question your gender and/or your masculinity.. :p

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I'm waiting on ROTK and Matrix:Revolutions right now.

Outside of that, I'd probably go see Second Hand Lions, The Last Samurai, and/or Kill Bill if my wife just got in the mood to go to the movies. The rest of the line-up for the year doesn't look worth the cost of going to a movie theater.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
i bought a buncha cereal a while back that had movie cash. sweet 5 dollar any time tickets:)

and don't say everythings cr@p, thats bull.

if your only looking at the blockbusters..well of course.

smaller films like magdalene sisters, dirty pretty things, etc etc etc. there are some good movies in the main theaters too, some good dumb fun, some others are just good. like a recent one, matchstick men was quite good.

indi theaters getting better. around here we have a buncha new century cinarts going up, smaller movies with full multiplex quality seating, screen, projection/sound etc. quite nice. not those hole in the wall theaters with dim projectors and other badness.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
i bought a buncha cereal a while back that had movie cash. sweet 5 dollar any time tickets:)

Even if it says "no passes, no coupons" :D

Movie cost for me = $6.75 - $5.00 = $1.75 for ticket

And the $5.00 I save I buy snacks with at the Bulk Barn. Simple stuff like spearmint leaves, jujubes, gumdrops, jellybeans, etc - comes out to about CDN$1.50 a pound. All goes in the pockets and no visible signs.

- M4H

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo

Even if it says "no passes, no coupons" :D

Movie cost for me = $6.75 - $5.00 = $1.75 for ticket

And the $5.00 I save I buy snacks with at the Bulk Barn. Simple stuff like spearmint leaves, jujubes, gumdrops, jellybeans, etc - comes out to about CDN$1.50 a pound. All goes in the pockets and no visible signs.

- M4H

yup, gotta love movie cash. no limits, its just a check for the theater so they don't limit use:) heck its good for em, since they get to charge full price on the cheque when you would have used a student discount or something normally:)

i'm stucking eating a lot of cereal though:p i only bought the healthy stuff so i'm very regular now ;)