Have you recently and would you again...

Have you recently and would you again make a thread critical of your "team"?

• Yes, I have in the recent past created a thread critical of my team and would again

• No, I never create threads critical of my team and only create threads critical of the other team

Results are only viewable after voting.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
... create a thread in which you're critical of someone on your political or ideological "team"?

I ask because while I have seen more posts in threads where people are critical of their team's mistakes, I have yet to see any threads in which the OP is critical of their own team's mistake(s).

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
My team doesn't exist in any political sense. "Don't do dumb shit" isn't a party on any ballot.

Feb 6, 2007
Well now I feel left out. I'm going to go start a thread about how liberals always screw up poll options. :D

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
I start threads fairly regularly on topics that interest me. Don't do "teams" but am generally supportive of classical liberalism, conservatives and libertarians and will sometimes point out their failures and missteps.

Of course, the other "team", particularly the so-called "progressives," is generally so off track that they require some edumacation to even start a discussion.

But, that is what we are here for!

:awe:

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
I very rarely start threads, and when I do, they typically aren't of an especially partisan nature. My last thread was about the 14 year old Pakistani girl who was shot by the Taliban, for example.

I have made literally 100's of posts critical of "the left" or specific people on "the left," assuming it can be considered to be my "team."

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I start threads fairly regularly on topics that interest me. Don't do "teams" but am generally supportive of classical liberalism, conservatives and libertarians and will sometimes point out their failures and missteps.

Of course, the other "team", particularly the so-called "progressives," is generally so off track that they require some edumacation to even start a discussion.

But, that is what we are here for!

:awe:

When, recently, and in what thread(s) have you done this?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I have posted a few more threads than usual in the last 2 months. Most of them were discussing the lack of difference between both candidates and the idiocy that is the drug war.

I am not sure if pointing Romney isnt much different than Obama is being critical of him. But I have made my opinions clear Romney doesnt interest me as a candidate nor will he get my vote.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2264099&highlight=

My last post in that thread:

"Geez, I just wanted liberals to stop calling conservatives stupid and look at all the grief I get. I'm full of hate, drank bad water, I'm stupid, you name it. I guess the liberals want to hang on to their smug sense of intellectual superiority and the conservatives would rather be called stupid than know about their brain defects. Sorry, the evidence for the brain defects is proven and the intellectual superiority of liberals is bull shit. Both liberals and conservatives have to be enormously brilliant to be able to ignore such obvious facts."

I am also critical of folk like myself who despise teams. I have warned against the puritan, pie in the sky, fairy tale idealism, that prevents many folk from taking a dirty stand when faced with dirty fighters, the moral cowardliness of escapism and pretended independence, folk who recoil from reality, white glove types that allow their throats to be cut because they despise blood.

We have documented and proven science that tells us that conservative thinking is dangerous, (Google conservative liberal brain differences) that conservatives are team players with team instincts that turn against the America league they play in when there is no external threat, a team madness that will destroy all other teams and non teams in the nation. We face a national threat from those who are most nationalistic themselves. Modern day Republicanism has become monolithic and mad. We are in dangered by a political religion, a group so repellent and vicious that few want to stand up to them and play by the rules they set. All the sweet people in the country who will have their throats slit by these assholes will roll over rather than become the kind of assholes that can stop them. "I'm just too logical and reasonable for that." But it's logic and reason these assholes kill. Time to get down in the dirt where the action is. When the party of demonization comes for the uncommitted independents, it will be way too late. Tell me how to stop demonization without demonizing it? How will you stop the American Taliban, with pretty words? How will you save yourself from a jihad of the religiously ill who see you as a heretic? Are you Sardaukar or Fremen?

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
You are all just rats in a maze to me. So I don't start threads, I let you choose your own direction. Then I take that and make fun of you for your ineptitude.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
You are all just rats in a maze to me. So I don't start threads, I let you choose your own direction. Then I take that and make fun of you for your ineptitude.

A year or so ago, you told us about your membership in an amazingly high-level web forum peopled by 99.9th+-percentile minds. Apparently the threads were at such a high level that (you wrote) you might spend eight hours crafting a post. You for some reason declined to reveal the name or location of that forum, though I would have thought that the webmaster, obviously a transcendent genius like yourself, would have found it child's play to tightly control access and keep out mere "rats in a maze" like us. I know that I personally asked you for an example of one of your highly elevated posts in that forum, but you for some reason declined. I again beseech you to honor us with samples of your "greatest hits." It's so tiring and painful to continuously bump my head into the dead ends in this dark maze, and a little illumination would be a welcome change.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
You for some reason declined to reveal the name or location of that forum, though I would have thought that the webmaster, obviously a transcendent genius like yourself, would have found it child's play to tightly control access and keep out mere "rats in a maze" like us.

Yes. All the mods need do is hold the posters to responding to rebuttals. If your model cannot account for the totality of the evidence, you are not allowed to continue posting as though it's complete.
It really keeps out the riffraff.

I know that I personally asked you for an example of one of your highly elevated posts in that forum, but you for some reason declined.

A good argument is crafted to the person. If you can't test me yourself, you have no hope of following me where you can't check your hypotheses.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I ask because while I have seen more posts in threads where people are critical of their team's mistakes, I have yet to see any threads in which the OP is critical of their own team's mistake(s).
Did I forget to call out Dr. Paul on his "yes" vote to repeal DADT? If so, can I be forgiven? I hope I'm reading you right. I know Craig was critical of some of his team.

Anyway, I can't believe Dr. Paul voted to repeal DADT, but then Joe Lieberman is a domestic super terrorist and a con artist. Glenn Greenwald didn't fall for it though because he more publicly called Lieberman out on it before I did. I pretty much always believed that he supported the draft for the Iraq War and I came to the conclusion that he supported DADT because he wants the pool for agents of the state to be so big and because he wants to be the last one standing.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Did I forget to call out Dr. Paul on his "yes" vote to repeal DADT? If so, can I be forgiven? I hope I'm reading you right. I know Craig was critical of some of his team.

Anyway, I can't believe Dr. Paul voted to repeal DADT,

So you think DADT was a good thing that shouldn't have been repealed?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
We have documented and proven science that tells us that liberal genetics is defective, (Google liberal genetic defects) that the genetic defects in liberals are damaging to society as a whole. We face a national threat from those who are most liberal. Modern day Democratism has become monolithic and mad. We are in dangered by a political religion, a group so repellent and vicious that few want to stand up to them and play by the rules they set. All the sweet people in the country who will have their throats slit by these assholes will roll over rather than become the kind of assholes that can stop them. "I'm just too logical and reasonable for that." But it's logic and reason these assholes kill. Time to get down in the dirt where the action is. When the party of demonization comes for the uncommitted independents, it will be way too late. Tell me how to stop demonization without demonizing it? How will you stop the American Taliban, with pretty words? How will you save yourself from a jihad of the religiously ill who see you as a heretic? Are you Sardaukar or Fremen?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
A year or so ago, you told us about your membership in an amazingly high-level web forum peopled by 99.9th+-percentile minds. Apparently the threads were at such a high level that (you wrote) you might spend eight hours crafting a post. You for some reason declined to reveal the name or location of that forum, though I would have thought that the webmaster, obviously a transcendent genius like yourself, would have found it child's play to tightly control access and keep out mere "rats in a maze" like us. I know that I personally asked you for an example of one of your highly elevated posts in that forum, but you for some reason declined. I again beseech you to honor us with samples of your "greatest hits." It's so tiring and painful to continuously bump my head into the dead ends in this dark maze, and a little illumination would be a welcome change.

He said that stuff as a smokescreen to cover him actually playing with little girl dolls...

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
So you think DADT was a good thing that shouldn't have been repealed?

Personally, I would leave such decisions to the military leadership itself. I have not bothered to research their stance on DADT since it is irrelevant. Not currently being in the military, I have no care about it either.

I would rather have the military say what should and should not happen in the military than a bunch of outsiders.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Deja Vu x 100....

Some people just get things stuck in their brains and must recycle them over and over and over.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Deja Vu x 100....

Some people just get things stuck in their brains and must recycle them over and over and over.

... says one of the people who should, in the interest of honesty, pick the second option in the poll.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
We have documented and proven science that tells us that liberal genetics is defective, (Google liberal genetic defects) that the genetic defects in liberals are damaging to society as a whole. We face a national threat from those who are most liberal. Modern day Democratism has become monolithic and mad. We are in dangered by a political religion, a group so repellent and vicious that few want to stand up to them and play by the rules they set. All the sweet people in the country who will have their throats slit by these assholes will roll over rather than become the kind of assholes that can stop them. "I'm just too logical and reasonable for that." But it's logic and reason these assholes kill. Time to get down in the dirt where the action is. When the party of demonization comes for the uncommitted independents, it will be way too late. Tell me how to stop demonization without demonizing it? How will you stop the American Taliban, with pretty words? How will you save yourself from a jihad of the religiously ill who see you as a heretic? Are you Sardaukar or Fremen?

LOL. You're getting to be as insane as Anarchist.