Have you or known someone who was fired over a menial task?

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
I was bitched at and threatened earlier this week for failing to restock the paper supply quickly enough for some of the departments. :roll:

maxster

Banned
Sep 19, 2007
Originally posted by: jtvang125
I was bitched at and threatened earlier this week for failing to restock the paper supply quickly enough for some of the departments. :roll:

Hey, they need the paper.

apac

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2003
Originally posted by: maxster
Originally posted by: jtvang125

Hey, they need the paper.

Paper doesn't just grow on trees, man.

banksh0t

Jun 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Schfifty Five
Originally posted by: banksh0t
i got fired for giving away $0.25 of nacho cheese to a coworker for free.

explain more please.

I used to work at a movie theater and they would sell those small cups of extra nacho cheese for people who wanted more. Coworker was on his break and wanted some more cheese, gave him a cup of it for free. Never the less the manager thought i was giving away like $20 bucks of free food and came to realize it was only nacho cheese.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

explain more please.

I used to work at a movie theater and they would sell those small cups of extra nacho cheese for people who wanted more. Coworker was on his break and wanted some more cheese, gave him a cup of it for free. Never the less the manager thought i was giving away like $20 bucks of free food and came to realize it was only nacho cheese.

should've done a 'half baked'

beat mania

Platinum Member
Jan 23, 2000

explain more please.

Do workers get free food? If not, then its theft ... and that's something people usually get fired for no matter where you work and what you do.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
You deserved it. What if your delay in paper delivery caused invoices to be delayed until tomorrow? What if your company's operating account is running dry, and those invoices needed to go out today to ensure your paycheck can be cut?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: beat mania

explain more please.

Do workers get free food? If not, then its theft ... and that's something people usually get fired for no matter where you work and what you do.

it's 25 cents worth of fucking cheese.

GG02

Feb 14, 2008
I was a manager at a movie theater, long, long ago. If they are firing people over .25 worth of nacho cheese, then they are in a financial clusterfuck, or, are just complete assholes.

They need to worry about all the money employees are able to swindle out of there without them noticing....its crazy.

beat mania

Platinum Member
Jan 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Ns1

explain more please.

But how many cups of $.25 cheese were given out before the manager found out? That's the question on his mind, wouldn't it be?

banksh0t

Jun 4, 2004

explain more please.

You got free food if you got a coupon from the manager. So i figured he didn't need one just for the cheese. I couldn't believe they made that big of a deal about 25 cents. I said if you have to fire me over nacho cheese so be it. I was embarrassed when it first happened so i told all my friends that i got caught messing around with a female coworker in the projector booth.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

explain more please.

But how many cups of $.25 cheese were given out before the manager found out? That's the question on his mind, wouldn't it be?

FFS, to be FIRED over .25!? A warning I might understand, but FIRING? wtf

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004

explain more please.

Looks like ATOT found the next Benito Mussolini

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: MetalMat

explain more please.

Looks like ATOT found the next Benito Mussolini

lol

Cyco

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
Originally posted by: TwiceOver
I quit my job over how to put cheese on a Whopper.

Cheese is ruining the work place.
Well, cheese on a Whopper IS a big deal after all.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

explain more please.

he forgot to mention it was the 10,000th time that day.
you could look at it this way too - if he is giving away the cheese for free, what else is he giving away for free?

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
i was fired because i sent my supervisor an email, which was pretty heated, asking for a bit more respect becuase its not like we work at mcDonalds. He had chewed me out in front of my entire helpdesk staff because I used the word "stuff" in an email to a client, of whom I already had good repoir with.