Have you noticed our faces are not symmetrical?

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Now imagine if Aliens invaded and conquered our world and these aliens are pretty anal when it comes to symmetry. Their favorite shape is the circle because it is the most symmetrical of all shapes. Now, since they are our rulers they will force us to have an operation to make our faces perfectly symmetrical.

Which side of your face would you choose to keep? And why?

AntaresVI

Platinum Member
May 10, 2001
Left; the only difference in my face is that the left eye is a little bit more closed. I like it better.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
my face is even less symmetrical than the norm; my mouth is crooked to the left due to my braces pulling my jaw out of socket. I guess I would choose the left side only because I have a mole on my right cheek.

Aug 23, 2000
NEVAR I WILL NOT SUBMIT TO THE CIRCLE ALIENS.
Wouldn't that make them jerks? there for they would be Circle Jerks.

DigDug

Mar 21, 2002
my face is extremely symmetrical. I wish it was more uniqure, although symmetry is the backbone of "good looks".

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
Katie Holmes has one side of her face that doesn't move, and she's still good looking.

DigDug

Mar 21, 2002
Katie holmes looks like a boy with long hair. That sorta "good looking" is so darn common it isn't really "good looking" anymore, is it?

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001

Symmetry = beauty in most studies. Babies react better to more symmetrical faces, too.

You've been hanging around too many ugly people. ;)

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
who cares you weird fsck... that will never happen. What if some guy came to your house and threatened to turn you into a flying pig...

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: thomsbrain

Symmetry = beauty in most studies. Babies react better to more symmetrical faces, too.

You've been hanging around too many ugly people. ;)

I was going to point out the same thing ;)

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Atlantean
who cares you weird fsck... that will never happen. What if some guy came to your house and threatened to turn you into a flying pig...

He and Mr 12 Gauge would have a little conversation

Grey

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: StormRider
Now imagine if Aliens invaded and conquered our world and these aliens are pretty anal when it comes to symmetry. Their favorite shape is the circle because it is the most symmetrical of all shapes. Now, since they are our rulers they will force us to have an operation to make our faces perfectly symmetrical. Which side of your face would you choose to keep? And why?

Very interesting! Go to a bar and inform a women you like that she is indeed lopsided. I am sure the conversation will be a hit!