• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Have you had car accidents due to using cellular phone while driving?

rc5

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
I don't have yet, but people just like to ring when you are in some "critical condition", like overtaking another car, doing U-turn, or driving on freeway.

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
I live by Chicago. A while ago there was a news story about a woman who dropped her phone. She bent over to get it and rear ended another car waiting at a train crossing. The poor woman who got rear ended was shoved onto the tracks, but was able to get her kids out before the train came by and smashed her car.

Feb 10, 2000
They played a priceless bit on Car Talk recently where a man running for the U.S. Senate in Massachusetts (against Ted Kennedy) got into a car accident while giving an interview on his cell phone.

Actually, some of you may have seen a photo in the past year of an Air Force Security Forces car smashed into an F-15 Strike Eagle; this happened at Eglin AFB in Florida when the driver's cell phone, which had fallen onto the floor, rang, and he bent over to pick it up. The $39M plane appears to have survived unscathed but his car made it surprisingly far under the plane; it appears he was traveling fairly quickly inside the flight line.

Here it is; go check it out, guys: F-15 cell-phone accident

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
Whats really had is dialing those 15 digit over-seas numbers along with a 10 digit credit card number on a cell phone with small buttons. I'm surprised that I haven't had more accidents!

ASK THE COMMUNITY