Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I'll check it out. I think a single dose vaccine is important as it might improve compliance.
Just as important is that this vaccine can be transported and stored at 2-8C, as opposed to frozen -20C with Moderna and ultra cold temps, -70C required for Pfizer.
The J&J will be easily transported to the rural areas for vaccinations. Not every area has access to the -70C Thermo/Forma/Harris ultra cold Freezers.

Reactions: zzyzxroad

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Got my 2nd dose of Moderna 11 hours ago. So far nothing other than a slight tenderness if I press on the injection site, 1st shot was definitely worse.

Had it done at the mass vaccination site in Gillette Stadium. Like the first, easy peasy, even though they've almost quadrupled their size since I was there last month. Across all the mass vaccination sites here in, appropriately, Mass, they're doing 30K shots A DAY! And they just stood up a new mass site in the southeastern part this morning. Took this pic while waiting my 15 mins, count ticked up about once a second.

1614217266603.png

Reactions: Burpo

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Just as important is that this vaccine can be transported and stored at 2-8C, as opposed to frozen -20C with Moderna and ultra cold temps, -70C required for Pfizer.
The J&J will be easily transported to the rural areas for vaccinations. Not every area has access to the -70C Thermo/Forma/Harris ultra cold Freezers.
FDA has approved Pfizer's request to store at warmer temps (i believe the -20C like Moderna).

Reactions: Muse

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
FDA has approved Pfizer's request to store at warmer temps (i believe the -20C like Moderna).
That must have recently happened. I knew they were doing a study regarding their vaccine at -20C.
👍

Reactions: hal2kilo

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Well I was informed today that my appointments for 13 March and 2 April were cancelled due to a shortage of vaccine at MUSC.

Did some more investigation and found my pharmacy (Walgreens using Moderna) has openings Friday 26th which I scheduled along with a second dose on March 26th.

Feb 4, 2009
Well I was informed today that my appointments for 13 March and 2 April were cancelled due to a shortage of vaccine at MUSC.

Did some more investigation and found my pharmacy (Walgreens using Moderna) has openings Friday 26th which I scheduled along with a second dose on March 26th.

Bad news and good news all wrapped up in one. I had my moderna vaccination 36 hours ago and starting to feel normal (other than waking up at 3am to check what’s happening here)
Plan on there being some discomfort. Not debilitating but I would rank the overall sore and tiredness as the top tier I’ve ever had from a vaccination.
I had moderna

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Bad news and good news all wrapped up in one. I had my moderna vaccination 36 hours ago and starting to feel normal (other than waking up at 3am to check what’s happening here)
Plan on there being some discomfort. Not debilitating but I would rank the overall sore and tiredness as the top tier I’ve ever had from a vaccination.
I had moderna

Yes it was at first disheartening then I looked at my Walgreens account and saw that they had a bunch of openings much earlier than my original appointments. Yay! Jumped right on it.
Looking forward to my sore arm. Flu shots don't normally bother me at all. I suppose this is a bit worse?

Feb 4, 2009
Yes it was at first disheartening then I looked at my Walgreens account and saw that they had a bunch of openings much earlier than my original appointments. Yay! Jumped right on it.
Looking forward to my sore arm. Flu shots don't normally bother me at all. I suppose this is a bit worse?

for me it has been high on the vaccine soreness scale with a small side of tired and short period of feeling light headed or kind of clumsy.
Not so bad that I couldn’t do anything but always there. Not so clumsy that I felt like I was going to fall over but enough that made me put off going up a small ladder to get a patch of ice off my roof (I have a ranch)
Other than being wide awake at an early hour which likely has to do with me falling asleep around 9pm yesterday. I feel mostly normal today.
What I’m saying is plan on feeling tired and sore for a day or two. Don’t plan on doing heavy work during that time. If I’m wrong that’s great news.

Reactions: Muse and pcgeek11

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
for me it has been high on the vaccine soreness scale with a small side of tired and short period of feeling light headed or kind of clumsy.
Not so bad that I couldn’t do anything but always there. Not so clumsy that I felt like I was going to fall over but enough that made me put off going up a small ladder to get a patch of ice off my roof (I have a ranch)
Other than being wide awake at an early hour which likely has to do with me falling asleep around 9pm yesterday. I feel mostly normal today.
What I’m saying is plan on feeling tired and sore for a day or two. Don’t plan on doing heavy work during that time. If I’m wrong that’s great news.

Good I might have an excuse to not work this weekend. ;)

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Dr. Gandhi's opinions have been really on point during Covid. I am also a big fan of Zdog and this recent video is a good listen.

I'm 4 minutes into this 61 minute video and he hasn't said a single thing I don't already know. It's become a problem. I have a hard time watching TV news too because I am informed. These people dumb down their message for people with (1) low retention capability, (2) low IQ, (3) been under a rock or living on Mars.

Edit: Watched a few more minutes. He assumes I (his generic viewer/listener) is skeptical that the vaccine is a good idea, effective, safe, wasn't rushed, doesn't have some as yet undetermined downside. THAT IS NOT ME. I can't go on with this because I'm the fucking choir. I'm getting my 2nd Moderna shot in 7 days and I HOPE my arm hurts, I run a fever, get chills, am fatigued and achy for a day or two! :D I don't need this buddy buddy guy to tell me it's really a good idea to get vaccinated. That 42 minute video with Dr. Gandhi was pretty good, though.

Last edited:

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Got my 2nd dose of Moderna 11 hours ago. So far nothing other than a slight tenderness if I press on the injection site, 1st shot was definitely worse.
Had a slight headache when I went to bed then things got weird. Woke up about midnight, went to the toilet, and when I got back in bed a had a bad case of the shivers and couldn't get warm. Threw on a a long sleeve shirt and went back to sleep. Woke up an hour later to use the toilet again (was told to really hydrate day of second shot) and the moment I got out of bed I started to shake uncontrollably. Was barely able to pee I was shaking/shivering so bad. Got back into bed and it wouldn't stop. I didn't really feel that cold but I was shaking violently (to put it into perspective, I once went fell into an icy Boston Harbor one winter and when I got back onboard I wasn't shaking nearly as bad as I did last night!). Grabbed another blanket and as soon as I got into bed I went from being slightly chilly and shaking to being too warm IMMEDIATLEY. Stayed that way until 3 when I started tossing off all the extra stuff and I was still too warm. Tossed and turned till 4 then tried moving to the couch downstairs. Never made it back to sleep. Now I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee and I'm that kind of stupid you get when your too tired.

• Love
Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Had a slight headache when I went to bed then things got weird. Woke up about midnight, went to the toilet, and when I got back in bed a had a bad case of the shivers and couldn't get warm. Threw on a a long sleeve shirt and went back to sleep. Woke up an hour later to use the toilet again (was told to really hydrate day of second shot) and the moment I got out of bed I started to shake uncontrollably. Was barely able to pee I was shaking/shivering so bad. Got back into bed and it wouldn't stop. I didn't really feel that cold but I was shaking violently (to put it into perspective, I once went fell into an icy Boston Harbor one winter and when I got back onboard I wasn't shaking nearly as bad as I did last night!). Grabbed another blanket and as soon as I got into bed I went from being slightly chilly and shaking to being too warm IMMEDIATLEY. Stayed that way until 3 when I started tossing off all the extra stuff and I was still too warm. Tossed and turned till 4 then tried moving to the couch downstairs. Never made it back to sleep. Now I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee and I'm that kind of stupid you get when your too tired.
Well well, this means you are developing your immune response to covid-19. Congrats! I hope I get some reaction, nice and intense but not intolerable. Enough to make me happy and not miserable. I'm getting my 2nd Moderna shot in 7 days, scheduled between 9:30AM-10:00AM. I figure by bedtime ~11-12 hours later I will already have some reaction developing. I hadn't heard about hydrating in preparation for the 2nd shot. I suppose it's a good idea.

I had a slight headache after the first shot, briefly. And I'm a guy who rarely has any kind of headache and have never had an intense headache. I also had a chill that didn't seem warranted considering the room temperature. I haven't had "the shivers" for decades. I had some fatigue but wasn't sure if it wasn't sleep deprivation.

I've had many vaccinations in my lifetime but don't remember ever having noticeable reactions. Next week should be interesting.

Last edited:

Burpo

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2013
Florida running like well oiled machine.
Vaccination time! Well organized! Scheduled time was 10:30-10:45. Arrived 10:25 & got in line, by 10:35 was scanned for temp, given arm bracelet after checking ID. Ushered inside, short line, checked ID bracelet, sent to table, screened & questioned by one, scrubbed arm & vaccine injected 10:47. Sent to observation area for 15 min. DONE 11:03 :) 40 minutes total & I'm back in car, headed home, Pfizer set on STUNNING :)

Shot 2, same as 1st.

Well organized! Scheduled time was 10:30-10:45. Arrived 10:20 & got in line, by 10:30 was scanned for temp, given arm bracelet after checking ID. Ushered inside, short line, checked ID bracelet, sent to table, screened & questioned by one, scrubbed arm & vaccine injected 10:39. Sent to observation area for 15 min. DONE 10:54 :) 35 minutes total & I'm back in car, headed home.

Done my part in VAX A NATION! :)

Attachments

• vaxanation.jpg
    vaxanation.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 9

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Shot 2, same as 1st.

Well organized! Scheduled time was 10:30-10:45. Arrived 10:20 & got in line, by 10:30 was scanned for temp, given arm bracelet after checking ID. Ushered inside, short line, checked ID bracelet, sent to table, screened & questioned by one, scrubbed arm & vaccine injected 10:39. Sent to observation area for 15 min. DONE 10:54 :) 35 minutes total & I'm back in car, headed home.

Done my part in VAX A NATION! :)
Guess if you live in FL, living in the right ZIP code is important.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
My mom, mother-in-law and all of my elderly friends and family have received both doses ( mix of pfizer and maderna) without issue. Very happy about that.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
My 18 year old grandson just graduated HS (Jan graduation) and is taking night classes at the local community college. He is a volunteer firefighter, and was hired through the fire department to work at vaccine sites, helping with traffic flow, handing out paperwork, etc. It's federal money, so he's making $20/hour. It looks like it is going up to $30/hour soon. The people that actually give shots (nurses, paramedics) are making $35/hour going up to $45 soon. Food, snacks, etc., all provided, and while he's on the clock.

This should give him plenty of gas money until he completes he EMT courses.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Got second Moderna shot this morning. No problems all day, now running slight fever.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Well, took for-bleeding-ever to locate open appointments anywhere near us (within an hour or so.).

But finally located a Walgreen about a half hour drive away with unspoken-for vaccine. We got our 1st dose yesterday..Pfizer.

Was a little “concerned” (for the lack of a better word) with my wife taking it since she’s anaphylactic-level allergic to bee/wasp/etc. stings. But we’re doing...sore arm about all.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Got second Moderna shot this morning. No problems all day, now running slight fever.
Well, that was the most miserable night I’ve spent in years, fever that felt like a whole body sunburn plus chills and muscle/joint pain. I ended up dehydrated which made everything worse. I’m chugging water this morning which is helping.

• Wow
Reactions: Muse and allisolm

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I go this afternoon for my 2nd Pfizer. I'm about to never order something like an adjustable base queen bed and mattress online or at least from Costco online. First they say we are processing your order, this could take 10 or 15 days. Fine. Then they send me an email like 1 day later that says delivery will be the 25th. Well I see the first track with real information on the 25th, says said they were in Eugene at 2.02 am. Well just google travel time from Eugene to Bremerton. OK. almost 12 hours. So, I figure it's probably unlikely that they will be delivering actually..... Oye to make a long story short. It's the 27 still no bed (sleeping on floor so all the removal would be easy). It was in Kent (across the sound) yesterday afternoon, but they still have not given me a delivery time. I'm sure very shortly, they will finally be contacting me that they want to deliver it this afternoon, and I will have to tell them to get F'd, I'm getting my Covid shot!!! Stressed. Tracking apps are useless unless it's updated! By their procedure, I can't adjust my delivery until they contact me for the actual delivery! Fn contact me!

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I go this afternoon for my 2nd Pfizer. I'm about to never order something like an adjustable base queen bed and mattress online or at least from Costco online. First they say we are processing your order, this could take 10 or 15 days. Fine. Then they send me an email like 1 day later that says delivery will be the 25th. Well I see the first track with real information on the 25th, says said they were in Eugene at 2.02 am. Well just google travel time from Eugene to Bremerton. OK. almost 12 hours. So, I figure it's probably unlikely that they will be delivering actually..... Oye to make a long story short. It's the 27 still no bed (sleeping on floor so all the removal would be easy). It was in Kent (across the sound) yesterday afternoon, but they still have not given me a delivery time. I'm sure very shortly, they will finally be contacting me that they want to deliver it this afternoon, and I will have to tell them to get F'd, I'm getting my Covid shot!!! Stressed. Tracking apps are useless unless it's updated! By their procedure, I can't adjust my delivery until they contact me for the actual delivery! Fn contact me!
We're in the process of having Costco replace the mattress they just sent. So far, "yeah, we got your replacement request" followed by a week and counting of silence. The one they sent is moldy.

• Wow
Reactions: Ajay