• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 94 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Got my booster (Moderna). Was surprised at how crappy I felt that night/following morning.

And yes, everyone needs to ditch cloth masks. The hydrostatic effect of N95s is what you need.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Dec 10, 2005
All I can say is that I'm thankful for the vaccine and boosters. My wife [Pfizer + Pfizer + Moderna] and I [J&J + Moderna] came down with covid last week of December, likely omicron picked up during our UK trip. At first, it was genuinely mild symptoms; then things took a bit of a turn:

For me, mid-last week, I went from very mild cough to having a very severe cough, a few days of throat swelling, and a day of head congestion. The cough is only finally going away, after over a week of needing a cough suppressant at night.

For my wife, it came roaring back - fever over the weekend, followed by a very severe cough that is slowly getting better. Her doctor ordered her a chest X-ray because of how long it's been since COVID-positive. Thankfully, no pneumonia.

We'd both be up shit creek if we had come down with this if we weren't vaccinated, given the severity of our "mild" cases.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
All I can say is that I'm thankful for the vaccine and boosters. My wife [Pfizer + Pfizer + Moderna] and I [J&J + Moderna] came down with covid last week of December, likely omicron picked up during our UK trip. At first, it was genuinely mild symptoms; then things took a bit of a turn:

For me, mid-last week, I went from very mild cough to having a very severe cough, a few days of throat swelling, and a day of head congestion. The cough is only finally going away, after over a week of needing a cough suppressant at night.

For my wife, it came roaring back - fever over the weekend, followed by a very severe cough that is slowly getting better. Her doctor ordered her a chest X-ray because of how long it's been since COVID-positive. Thankfully, no pneumonia.

We'd both be up shit creek if we had come down with this if we weren't vaccinated, given the severity of our "mild" cases.
Mild is defined as your ass isn't in the hospital.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Got the Pfizer booster on 1-11 along with a flu shot. I had not had a flu shot since 2004. I never get the flu, but at 67 years old it's probably a good idea just in case. During flu season if I'm in a Walmart and someone coughs near me I hold my breath and move 50 feet away. I will continue to wear a mask and social distance.

Reactions: snoopy7548

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
When I was "mildly" sick with the flu right before COVID I wished I was dead.
The last time I had the flu, I wasn't afraid I was going to die... I was afraid I was going to live... Convinced me to get the flu shot every year since.

Reactions: K1052

ASK THE COMMUNITY