Have you given anyone at work a nickname?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
yea, but lots of the nicknames are out of laziness ... ie Jobi becomes Joe, Zakvan becomes Zack, Satbir becomes Sam, though we did have a bit of fun with nicknames for a while. When i worked overnights, the first 3 or 4 months there were 4 of us, and 3 of us were named Brian (though one guy spelled it Bryon, and the other guy spellled it Bryan). Bryon would get pissed if you called him Byron. Bryan earned the nickname of putz, because he was always the practical joker, and putzing around with stuff.

Lounatik

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Got a loser at work who shows up late all of the time,too much drinking etc., and it costs us all extra work. I call him Drunkie McStumblefuck.

Peace

Lounatik

GermyBoy

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Lounatik
Got a loser at work who shows up late all of the time,too much drinking etc., and it costs us all extra work. I call him Drunkie McStumblefuck. Peace Lounatik

Similar think here, but without the drinking.

I call him the time bandit to his face, and the butt bandit behind his back.

alrocky

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2001
Big white guy at work who has a passing resemblance to Alan Hale calls me Little Buddy so I call him Skipper.

masul0100

Jun 19, 2001
Besides the normal comparisons to Office Space names, we call one guy "Google" (he is a programmer)

compudog

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2001
Quite a few actually...

The Blue Blur - This guy always wears blue uniform shirt and pants and dissapears in a blur when there is work to be done.
"Ritchie the Hut" - He will be as big as Jabba the Hut soon. Man can this guy eat! A full pack of hot dogs w/rolls for lunch!
Mojo - Because this guy lost his. He actually came to work one day and told everyone how he can't get it up anymore, due to medicine he's taking. The strangest thing is, he's doesn't care!! He hasn't done anything about it.
Bacon - This guy seeks out meat products, especially bacon, and will eat all he can. Actually wore a priest's collar to a church breakfast to get a free meal!

d33pt

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
The Beast..because he stank so much.. but he thought it was a good thing and liked his nickname

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
We got a new guy that tries to look like a rapper. I call him Slim Shady. He doesn't seem to mind.

Oct 19, 2000
There is a lesbian that I work with in a small environment with around 8 other people total. It's a close knit shop, everyone works with each other. Well, this lesbian in question has a real bad attitude, is always rude to her co-workers, and is generally an unhappy person and unnice person to be around. Add to that, she is overweight, which doesn't make anything better.

A couple of new girls that started a month ago has started calling her "Queen Bee". Pretty clever :D.

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
There's this girl I work with who everyone calls Pinkie. She has to sneak at least a little of the color pink into her outfit somehow everyday.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Ornery
About 35 years ago, I called a guy Kitty, because his last name was Carlisle. At the time, there was a show called 'What's My Line' with a regular named Kitty Carlisle. To this day, he's still called Kitty!
Dang, you must be as old as me. ;) I remember Kitty Carlisle.

akodi

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2003
my roommie she calls herself realistic but i think she's always really cynical so i call her a negative nancy (southpark)

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Eeyore, Willow, Junior, Hitler, Clown - and a few more - they're all meant in a bad way.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
While I was at Ft. Benning, we called this one guy "Walking Death". Not because he was fierce or badass or anything, but because I don't think I've ever seen someone get so horribly sick and still be able to function...
:D

oniq

Banned
Feb 17, 2002
Theres this woman at work who has this .. thing.. below her stomach .. like a mound or something.. I call her marsupial