Have you gained new insight into the members of this forums?

Shazam

Golden Member
Dec 15, 1999
Man, I can't believe how full of hate so many members of this forum have.

On the bright side, we've also seen the people who can separate hate from anger, and who use their rational side to overcome their wanton emotions.

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yea well your country wasn't the target of some lunatic religious fanatics who just murdered 5,000+ of your citizens so you will just have to excuse some of us for not posessing the steely self control of our superior neighbors to the north.:disgust:

Shazam

Golden Member
Dec 15, 1999
Obviously, there are people here who aren't driven by their urge to kill, kill, kill..

You are not one of them. Go away, troll.

NaughtyusMaximus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you haven't noticed, America is the same as Canada. For instance, on a local radio show today, the host asked people if they think the WTC towers should be rebuilt. The vote was 50/50, but every single person replied "I think we should (/should not) rebuild...". We Canadians feel the loss just as much as Americans, and have held many services for those lost. An attack on America is the same as an attack on Canada.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I learned that people in this forum really hate Osama Bin Laden, but they really like Soda and Wallets. But, hey, there's nothing wrong with any of that, right? ;)

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
No actually the United States isn't the same as Canada. While we have a lot in common we are not the same. You are not the express target of a lunatic religous movement. Yes i have seen some overboard expressions of anger here but i find the emotion perfectly understandable considering the magnitude of the crime that was perpetrated against us. I expect much of the out of line commentary will cool somewhat as time passes and we get on with the business crushing the murderous bastards that are responsible for this but in the meantime some of you members of different nationalities should refrain from passing judgement on us. You haven't the right to dictate how we should be feeling at this point in time.

P.S. I am sorry if this offends anyone but this is what i am feeling right now.

weezergirl

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000

<< Man, I can't believe how full of hate so many members of this forum have.

On the bright side, we've also seen the people who can separate hate from anger, and who use their rational side to overcome their wanton emotions.
>>

i completely agree. and i can understand the hate for osama bin laden and other terrorists but more like just hate amongst other members. it's disgusting.

Shazam

Golden Member
Dec 15, 1999

<< No actually the United States isn't the same as Canada. While we have a lot in common we are not the same. You are not the express target of a lunatic religous movement. Yes i have seen some overboard expressions of anger here but i find the emotion perfectly understandable considering the magnitude of the crime that was perpetrated against us. I expect much of the out of line commentary will cool somewhat as time passes and we get on with the business crushing the murderous bastards that are responsible for this but in the meantime some of you members of different nationalities should refrain from passing judgement on us. You haven't the right to dictate how we should be feeling at this point in time. >>

So let me get this straight. If I was an American, then it would be okay for me to ask this?

You sir, are a bona fide TWIT.

I have an aunt that lives in NY. OUR FAMILY HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONTACT HER. My immediate family lives in LA. And, you're telling me to refrain judgement?

Let me judge you. YOU SIR, ARE SCUM.

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< An attack on America is the same as an attack on Canada. >>

Amen. I only wish all Americans could see that.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
shazam

hmmm, an attack on you personally and you respond in anger and yet you criticize those who respond in anger to the WTC atrocity??

i don't think the way people have responded to the ATROCITY in any way reflects on how that person deals w/ normal everyday life.

Shazam

Golden Member
Dec 15, 1999

<< hmmm, an attack on you personally and you respond in anger and yet you criticize those who respond in anger to the WTC atrocity?? >>

There is a difference between HATE and ANGER. Many people have failed to realize this. Although NesuD makes me ANGRY, I will never, ever HATE him (unless he kills my parents, or my siblings, or something to that effect).

I have NO problems with people being ANGRY about the WTC event. I do, however, am disgusted by the amount of HATE that people are displaying towards other human beings.

Elledan

Banned
Jul 24, 2000

<< I have NO problems with people being ANGRY about the WTC event. I do, however, am disgusted by the amount of HATE that people are displaying towards other human beings. >>

Agreed.

On a sidenote, the way the US is reacting right now (preparing to fight the terrorists) is exactly what the terrorists want the US to do. IF it is indeed Bin Laden who is responsible, he'll be preparing a warm welcome in Afghanistan for those unfortunate American soldiers.
The alternative? Don't fight fire with fire, because only both sides will get burned.

Mrburns2007

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2001
Canada is great and pretty much like America. If Canadians feel close to America thats great to. My neighbor goes to canada for fishing trips.

Static911

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2000
remember, we are educated people who aare very rationale...

um...i'm not one of the rationale type :)

static911

Rockhound

Oct 9, 1999
Man, I can't believe how full of hate so many members of this forum have.

Versus the hate around the world for Americans because of our way of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001

<< Man, I can't believe how full of hate so many members of this forum have.

Versus the hate around the world for Americans because of our way of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?
>>

no, not versus, but more along the lines of "just like the hate around the world for Americans because of..."

I agree with him, there are a lot of people in here who are hellbent on revenge above all else.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I want to kill every single terrorist, yeah I'm hateful. No mercy for those who planned and supported those b@astards.

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
Yes theres alot of anger and hate on the forums...but what gets me is the overwhelming lack of education on the subject matter and ignorance of a few members. For instance...people who say lets destroy Afganistan and turn it into a parking lot... and then spout some pseudo patriotic bs.

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Elledan,

<< The alternative? Don't fight fire with fire, because only both sides will get burned. >>

O wise one, please enlighten us with your wisdom. What exactly is the alternative, since fighting fire with fire will not be effective?

So many pansies like you have spoken out against armed conflict to fight against the terrorists. How exactly do you want us to react to this attack? Please, be realistic. Bullshit liberal pinko rhetoric isn't enough; I want to hear a real solution.

I'm anxiously awaiting your brilliant advice.

j0lly

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2001

<< Elledan,

<< The alternative? Don't fight fire with fire, because only both sides will get burned. >>

O wise one, please enlighten us with your wisdom. What exactly is the alternative, since fighting fire with fire will not be effective?

So many pansies like you have spoken out against armed conflict to fight against the terrorists. How exactly do you want us to react to this attack? Please, be realistic. Bullshit liberal pinko rhetoric isn't enough; I want to hear a real solution.

I'm anxiously awaiting your brilliant advice.
>>

Though I can offer no solution (I doubt if there is any), I can say this much. Consider Israel. They thought that targetting specific Palestine targets would reduce terrorism but unfortunately the opposite has occured. Don't you fear the same result for the USA?

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< Though I can offer no solution (I doubt if there is any), I can say this much. Consider Israel. They thought that targetting specific Palestine targets would reduce terrorism but unfortunately the opposite has occured. Don't you fear the same result for the USA? >>

No, I do not. The US will handle this situation apropriately, and we will not allow ourselves to be dragged into an endless conflict as Israel has.

Here's a hint about debating: you will gain a hell of a lot more credit for your viewpoint if you offer your own alternative solutions instead of just shooting down the conventional wisdom. If you disagree with using force to combat terrorism, that's fine. If you want to be taken seriously, though, you need to offer an alternate solution. It is better to come up with a solution, instead of painting yourself as a loud-mouthed dissenter who can't even think for himself.

Why don't you tell us all your plan to eliminate terrorism?

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Though I can offer no solution (I doubt if there is any)

Doesn't no solution mean we sit around and do nothing? I want a real alternative... I'm with Reitz on this one. Being from Berkeley means I hear a dozen people a day say things like "Screw America for picking on poor little Bin Laden. War is so bad. I am good for not liking war. <insert assorted hippy gibberish here>"

Still, I haven't heard a single alternative.

j0lly

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2001

<<

<< Though I can offer no solution (I doubt if there is any), I can say this much. Consider Israel. They thought that targetting specific Palestine targets would reduce terrorism but unfortunately the opposite has occured. Don't you fear the same result for the USA? >>

No, I do not. The US will handle this situation apropriately, and we will not allow ourselves to be dragged into an endless conflict as Israel has.

Here's a hint about debating: you will gain a hell of a lot more credit for your viewpoint if you offer your own alternative solutions instead of just shooting down the conventional wisdom. If you disagree with using force to combat terrorism, that's fine. If you want to be taken seriously, though, you need to offer an alternate solution. It is better to come up with a solution, instead of painting yourself as a loud-mouthed dissenter who can't even think for himself.

Why don't you tell us all your plan to eliminate terrorism?
>>

Everyone's view point is derived from conventional wisdom. Your viewpoint is similar to that of President Bush who's opinion btw, is the same as 70% of the American public. But this does not mean I will accuse you of being a "loud-mouthed dissenter who can't even think for himself". I only sought your feelings on America turning out to be the next Isreal. I have never seen a positive outcome from taking "precise measures" against terrorism. I lived in India where the govt. tried to tackle the LTTE (Liberation Tigers of Tamil Ellem) attack from the south and the Pakistani militants attacks from the north. The results were not very positive. They continue to kill innocent people and on a personal note, I lost my father who was in the Airforce. I do not have a solution for terrorism because I have yet to see one work.