Have you ever walked through the drive-through?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BarbeQueGuy

Jan 23, 2001
We were moving some furniture for a friend and we put a recliner on the flatbed trailer. Pulled up to place the order at McD and they were dumbfounded because all they saw on their monitor was a vehicle pull past the order station. Their expression was priceless when I pulle dup to the window and kept going. My buddy on the recliner got quite a few stares, but he was fed and happy.

intogamer

Lifer
Dec 5, 2004
Originally posted by: BarbeQueGuy
We were moving some furniture for a friend and we put a recliner on the flatbed trailer. Pulled up to place the order at McD and they were dumbfounded because all they saw on their monitor was a vehicle pull past the order station. Their expression was priceless when I pulle dup to the window and kept going. My buddy on the recliner got quite a few stares, but he was fed and happy.

hahahaha this thread is hilarious

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Dain are you even going to tell the story behind this thread? :p

Dain and I tried this 'walk up' at a McDonalds in Zion (ZOMPTON WHAT) a few years ago because it was a 2 minute walk from his house, it was 2 am and we were hammered out of our skulls so we didn't want to drive for obvious reasons. The guy at the window was being a giant prick about the entire ordeal and in very broken English was like 'you gotta have a car mang, iz policy mang.. iz policy!' and I think dain said something like 'fine, I'll go drunk drive into the side of your building because I NEED MY F*CKING QUARTER POUNDER WITH CHEESE RIGHT F*CKING NOW!!!' and the dude recoiled in horror and gave us our food with no other problems. I could barely walk back I was laughing so hard at the entire ordeal.

ah memories :beer:

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
yep, another drunken adventure down in Merritt Island, FL. me and a buddy tried to walk thru a Taco Hell. The guy was like you need a car....so i hopped on my friends back. Still didnt get served. Dont think I have tried again since.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
McDonalds has a late night "Drive-Thru" but closes the inside section.
A bunch of friends and I came home from the bar one night completely sh!tfaced and needed food. McD's was the only open place so we walked through the drive thru and they refused to serve us.
We were waving money at them and threatened that we would get a car...but it would be their fault for making us drink and drive. haha. They decided to finally serve us but they were pissed :)

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
once i went thru a wendy's drive thru, ordered at the speaker, paid at 1st window, then pulled up with my trunk aligned with the 2nd window, popped it, and my friend hiding there took the food and closed the trunk again, and i sped off lolz

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Platypus
Dain are you even going to tell the story behind this thread? :p

Dain and I tried this 'walk up' at a McDonalds in Zion (ZOMPTON WHAT) a few years ago because it was a 2 minute walk from his house, it was 2 am and we were hammered out of our skulls so we didn't want to drive for obvious reasons. The guy at the window was being a giant prick about the entire ordeal and in very broken English was like 'you gotta have a car mang, iz policy mang.. iz policy!' and I think dain said something like 'fine, I'll go drunk drive into the side of your building because I NEED MY F*CKING QUARTER POUNDER WITH CHEESE RIGHT F*CKING NOW!!!' and the dude recoiled in horror and gave us our food with no other problems. I could barely walk back I was laughing so hard at the entire ordeal.

ah memories :beer:

LMAO, yup. I come up with some classics when I'm drunk. :D Great times. :beer:

Azndude51

Platinum Member
Sep 26, 2004
At my college the McDonalds has a 24 hour drive through. It's the closest restaurant to the dorms that's open 24 hours, so there are people every night who walk through the drive through. Freshmen aren't allowed to have cars so there are not many other options.

txrandom

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2004
Whenever there was a Ping Pong Party going on, which is where we play Ping Pong from about 12 am to 8am, I'd go to McDonalds on rollerblades at 5 am. I'd usually blade right in, order by food, eat and it leave. But one time some lady got pissed and told me I couldn't rollerblade inside. In hind sight, I should of left and went through the drive thru instead of just leaving. :)

I'm not going to lug my shoes and then put them on for 2 minutes while ordering food.