Have you ever walked through the drive-through?

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
I just walked through Taco Bell's drive through. Every time I do, I get warned that they won't let this behavior happen again. But they always do. I do it at McDonalds too. Burger King has never let me.

Any other input?

Alone

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2006
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Burger King on Bell School Rd shot me down.

My drivers side window won't work.

Open the door, or go through backwards.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I've tried a few times out here and never succeeded, I even tried riding threw on a bicycle one time which also ended without me getting any grub. I'm sure it's a huge YMMV but when I tried you would have thought it was against the law or something.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
We did it once when I was in HS many years ago. Four of us pulled up to the window in an "imaginary" car with one guy making car sounds. They were laughing so hard in the McDonalds that they went ahead and gave us our food.

shoRunner

Platinum Member
Nov 8, 2004
i tried walking through, and they told me they don't serve people on foot, so I got on my friends back.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Alone

LMAO...we went through backwards once because the window didn't work. We paid and the bitch was like, "You had better turn that car around before you get to the next window." We didn't. When we *FINALLY* got our food, she was like, "just so you know, the reason your food took so long is that we wanted to make sure that the Sheriff's were here in time." We took off fast after that and literally, the Winnebago County Sheriff's were pulling into McD's about ten secs after we left. We got lucky, I guess.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: DainBramaged

LMAO...we went through backwards once because the window didn't work. We paid and the bitch was like, "You had better turn that car around before you get to the next window." We didn't. When we *FINALLY* got our food, she was like, "just so you know, the reason your food took so long is that we wanted to make sure that the Sheriff's were here in time." We took off fast after that and literally, the Winnebago County Sheriff's were pulling into McD's about ten secs after we left. We got lucky, I guess.

So going through the drive through backwards is illegal?

Oct 4, 2004
I did (on a bicycle, when I was 11) at a drive-thru-only Burger King in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. The guys didn't care but they laughed a little.

Alone

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2006

Nothing says you can't go in reverse. I'd love to see someone try and charge me for doing that.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Shawn

So going through the drive through backwards is illegal?

According to them, we were disrupting the peace. :roll:

Originally posted by: shoRunner
i tried walking through, and they told me they don't serve people on foot, so I got on my friends back.

Me and a fellow ATOT'er walked through the drive through and the guy was like, "You gotta have a car, mang. Iz polizy."

I then carefully explained to him that I was drunk out of my mind and I asked him if he would be happier if I got a DUI just to get McD's. He said no and served us but he warned me to come back with a car next time. LMAO.

bobert

Dec 6, 2004
I've tried once at taco bell at around 1am. The store was closed and the drive-thru was the only thing open in town. My friends and I were hanging out in the parking lot and I didn't feel like starting my car up again just to go through, was a no go for me. I had to hop into the back of another guy's car and order from the backseat.

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
Originally posted by: shoRunner

:laugh:

compnovice

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Ronstang
We did it once when I was in HS many years ago. Four of us pulled up to the window in an "imaginary" car with one guy making car sounds. They were laughing so hard in the McDonalds that they went ahead and gave us our food.

:laugh:

elmro

Dec 4, 2005
You haven't hit rock bottom until you've taken a taxi through a white castle drive-thru.

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004

Shens. How would you know the cops were there after you left? And why would a sherrif even bother to respond to such a BS call?

S Freud

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
No I haven't, but I did on a skateboard in HS and on my bike after class the other day. The lady told me not to do it again, I wasn't aware that it was against insurance policy or something.

tomywishbone

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2006
1983, Walnut Creeek, California, Jack-in-the-Box. They called the Fuzzz... we ran... we got away.:D:brokenheart: