Have you ever used this site "MusicMp3.Ru"

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Im looking for a good site to buy/download CDs, this site seems very cheap and has fast download speeds, just wanted to see if any of you had used them before.

I want to make sure the site is not a scam.

ra990

Aug 18, 2005
Not a scam...i use it. Who knows if its legal since you can purchase entire albums for a few bucks, but hey...its not a scam.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Thanks for the reply ra990, I wanted to hear some feedback before I tried them.

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
.ru? Right :roll: I'm sure the artists are getting their cut.

Right. If you're gonna buy you should just download it for free, you're probably not helping the artist any more by buying from that site.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
thanks for the feedback guys, I will be passing on this site, where would you all recommend I go for buying mp3 downloads?

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
IMO, I'd question if any .ru website is legit. They may take your money and give you the songs, but it doesn't mean they're legal.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
You're not going to find a legal site that sells major-label artists for less than iTunes, Amazon, Napster, etc. -- the record companies demand to be paid 70 cents a song and they cover none of the costs of servers, software, bandwidth.

Paying a .ru site is paying for warez. The artist and songwriter gets essentially nothing (despite Allofmp3's claim to pay some fake broadcasting rate based on 1 radio station listener per sale instead of selling a song). From what I've read they never actually paid out that money either.

It would be more ethical to just get the songs from usenent and to take the money and buy at least one or two real CDs.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Renob
thanks for the feedback guys, I will be passing on this site, where would you all recommend I go for buying mp3 downloads?

mp3sparks.com

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Kadarin
mp3sparks.com
If you're comfortable paying $3/CD for warez.

"The works available from Mp3Sparks.com are protected by the Law of the Russian Federation "On Copyright and Related Rights" . . . The Administration of Mp3Sparks.com does not possess information on the laws of each particular country and is not responsible for the actions of foreign users."