Have you ever owned or would you ever purchase a Bitcoin?

?

• Own Bitcoin(s)

• Have owned them

• Would own them

• No / Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I think if the government defaults on the national debt and devalues the currency in response (50% haircut?), Bitcoins may be place to park some dough.

Last edited:

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I think the bitcoin idea is great, and I'm very interested in it, but using them as an investment at this point is stupid. It would be a gamble plain and simple. Don't buy in if you can't afford to lose.

Joseph F

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2010
I once generated a few. I would not use them as an investment, as they are far too volatile.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I think the bitcoin idea is great, and I'm very interested in it, but using them as an investment at this point is stupid. It would be a gamble plain and simple. Don't buy in if you can't afford to lose.

I believe your right. Unless you plan on buying drugs or gamble with them I dont see much else use for them (unless you are into speculation, but thats way too risky).

Oct 25, 2006
Being based on absolutely nothing is NOT a good thing. I was there when the bitcoin fluctuated some insane value and no one could do a damn thing to stop it from crashing in value.

Its too volatile to do anything. Its only value backing is e-peen.

Apr 17, 2005
from what i've read, its far from a 'perfect' currency. it was supposed to have the advantages of gold without its disadvantages but hasn't proven to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.