Have you ever noticed how contageous paranoia is?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Just last night, for example, I woke up screaming the government had taken over everything and had captured even the deepest recesses of my mind. I think I woke up the whole fucking neighborhood

Are these monsters also haunting you? Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean the government isn't out to get me, does it?

But I keep wondering what the psychological origins of such an absurd fantasy could possibly be. I mean, fuck, the government is me, as in we the people.

You don't suppose I'm afraid of myself, some trauma I don't remember, like being completely controlled by my parents and told day and night what to do.

Shit if that happened you can just imagine why the government scares the crap out of me. Have you any idea what monsters my parents were?

Well don't think about it too much because my parents were way way better than yours. Believe me, I know. They told me in no uncertain terms.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Why are you asking this? :hmm:

I'm a bit embarrassed to have woken the whole neighborhood by my nightmare screams, a paranoia likely caught from reading this forum where Paranoia of the Government seems like a major infection. I was hoping, I guess, that paranoia doesn't like light, even moonlight, as it were. And the poor kooks I caught this from likely also have neighbors.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I'm a bit embarrassed to have woken the whole neighborhood by my nightmare screams, a paranoia likely caught from reading this forum where Paranoia of the Government seems like a major infection. I was hoping, I guess, that paranoia doesn't like light, even moonlight, as it were. And the poor kooks I caught this from likely also have neighbors.

Genocides and abuses of human rights largely come from those with power. Think about that for a moment before dribbling on with this attack on conservatism.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
There is no paranoia. In our perfect little world which we view from THC tinted lenses, the Federal Government always acts in the best interests of the common citizen.

Last edited:

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
If we replace "government" with "corporation" does the paranoia become rational for you?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Depends who's doing the paranoia/ Truffers or Economists like Roubini who has a track record.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Genocides and abuses of human rights largely come from those with power. Think about that for a moment before dribbling on with this attack on conservatism.

Nobody seeks power like a conservative. They are always running to be the government they hate. I know somebody with a theory of self hate who might be able to explain that.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Depends who's doing the paranoia/ Truffers or Economists like Roubini who has a track record.

I notice when it rains that some worms crawl out into the street and some into my neighbor's flower bed. I know the wise worms by their tracks.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If we replace "government" with "corporation" does the paranoia become rational for you?

No, the notion that corporations are evil is absurd to me. The corporate structure that goes for quarterly profit over long term sustainability of future resources, however, is a structural sickness. But the folk who can change it are also the ones making most of the wealth, so they aren't going to, and the Boards are all made up of folk with a similar mind. A corporation is just a small government organized to make money. One does taxes the other price fixes and strives for monopoly.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Nobody seeks power like a conservative. They are always running to be the government they hate. I know somebody with a theory of self hate who might be able to explain that.
Yet the liberals want the government to take control of everyones life.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
I wouldn't be so paranoid if you guys would stop talking about me.

In all seriousness, tho, I remember quite fondly the panic induced among the left over the Bush wiretapping debacle. One would've thought we were on the verge of fascism.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Paranoia is contagious because people are allowed to make baseless claims all day long without any recourse.

so the stories, any story, get more and more extreme.