have you ever had a networking problem like this?

AznMaverick

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2001
i have two computers (A and B) networked via linksys router both on win2k. i can ping computer B via computer A by computer name or ip address and they ping fine using both methods. the problem is i have drives mounted on A and i can't restore the drives (it has been fine for about a 1/2 year, but just started like this since last nite). i can't login to B at all and i get this msg: "Microsoft Windows Network: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. the connection has not been restored"

from the sound of that msg it seems as if i'm being blocked off access from computer B on computer A. how would i go about UNblocking myself, i had no idea taht i could get blocked off. i haven't touched any setting or anything of sorts it just happened all of a sudden...

any help appreciated...thanks!

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Sounds like you should verify that the appropriate drives still have sharing turned on.

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
shouldn't this be in the networking forum?

ehh... my guess is to reinstall windows networking and recreate your shares.

AznMaverick

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2001
oh, i'm sorry taht thsi is in the wrong forum, man i'mma have to wait a LONG time to reinstall stuff on my pentium 133 =/. thanks for the help guys.

AznMaverick

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2001
Originally posted by: d33pt
that's what you get for installing win2k on a 133

haha...well, it was working fine for about close to 3 years...

edit: then again i did have the comp on non-stop for about a half year with an occasional reboot...