Have you ever gotten a rebate sent to you like this...

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
...with No Envelope? The guys at Maxtor just threw my $50 check in the mail with no envelope (they stamped the check!). I don't really care now that I have it in my hand, but I kind of have a problem with everyone handling the mail could see who the check was made out to and for how much. Now that I think about it, how would that stand in the FS/FT forums, if I just wrote out a check put a stamp on the check and mailed it to the seller? I can just imagine what my heatware would be like.

Has this happened to you?

JayPatel

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
thats just plain insane.....sounds like something WinWinWin would do....oh but wait...he actually includes envelopes..too bad the contents inside of it are usually ram and HD's!!

Shmorq

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
I've received several checks that were really post cards. I don't remember which companies. I guess they wanna save the extra pennies per rebate...

TranceNation

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2001
TDK does that too, except they put over a thin sheet which is easily movable to see the value of the rebate

azztec

Feb 26, 2001
i have got one like that before, i thought my roommate had opened it already but he said it came in the mail like that. crazy.

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Yes, I've gotten lots like that. It's scary because they look like junk mail and I can easily imagine me throwing one away without looking...

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I got the "postcard" rebate before, and I think it's because the rebater is hoping you'll think it's junk mail and toss it out...:(