Have you ever experienced government corruption?

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Have you ever experienced government corruption? You hear about corruption in foreign countries all the time, and I refuse to belive that there is no corruption in the US government. Have you ever experienced governement corruption?

Of course I've experienced it. The massive amounts of money going to military bases in the middle of nowhere that serve no purpose but just because they're in influential Congresspersons' districts is a phenomenon known as pork-barrel spending. And it's a corrupt form of fiscal policy.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jumpr
Of course I've experienced it. The massive amounts of money going to military bases in the middle of nowhere that serve no purpose but just because they're in influential Congresspersons' districts is a phenomenon known as pork-barrel spending. And it's a corrupt form of fiscal policy.

Example? :confused: Most of them aren't anywhere close to the "middle of nowhere", they're in decent-sized towns with many businesses that profit from having bases nearby.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
any time a policitician does something on behalf of a contributor is corruption.