have you ever done a job badly on purpose...

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
.. so that you dont get asked to do it again?

when i was younger i would always do things not very well on purpose, such as vacuming or cleaning the dishes for my parents, hoping that if i did a bad enough job, they wouldnt make me do them again.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
do it badly? just means you have to do it more, to get better at it.

Dhawk

Oct 9, 1999
No.

The only time I ever did a bad job was because I was incompetent in the task I was working on or I just didn't know any better.

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
Not for that reason.

Have I ever told you that a near 1:1 correspondence exists between my office and Office Space?

sheselectric

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2002
If I ever did a chore badly on purpose when I was growing up my parents would get on my case about it so much that I felt I had to do it right the first time to avoid the extreme nagging.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
When my kids do a half ass job they get the privilege of doing it over and over again until they get it right. When they do it right the first time, their time is their own.

bockchow

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2001
ya i did that on my first job working for a general contractor, i was realy good with a paint brush and when i was on the jack hammer i did a realy bad job of it. after a month i was painting every day and haven't touched a jack hammer since.

N8Magic

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Rallispec

when i was younger i would always do things not very well on purpose, such as vacuming or cleaning the dishes for my parents, hoping that if i did a bad enough job, they wouldnt make me do them again.
I see you'll make a model employee someday. :D

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yep,today I did my 15th install of Windows and didn't customize the components because I got tired of drivers ruining my install and having to do it over and over. I took a short cut and got a good install. Figures. Went back though and got what I really wanted and dumped the rest,

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: N8Magic
Originally posted by: Rallispec

I see you'll make a model employee someday. :D

that day is already here :D

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
i often make my posts as half-assed as possible, but for some reason, after over 2,000 times, i haven't learned my lesson

Michael1897

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2002
school group projects where i already have a good grade and the project won't hurt me too bad and my group mates aren't worth the charmin ultra soft they wipe their hind parts with and they try to leech off of me and so i screw the good. :)

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Yep...the laundry. ;) Mix some red socks in with your wife's white shirts once, burn a couplde of pants with the iron, and you'll be off the hook for laundry for the rest of your life!

(Hope she doesn't read this :Q )

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Yep...the laundry. ;) Mix some red socks in with your wife's white shirts once, burn a couplde of pants with the iron, and you'll be off the hook for laundry for the rest of your life!

(Hope she doesn't read this :Q )

lol... i wont tell her.

;)

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
Not on purpose, but my wife won't let me clean the house any more.....apparently we have these huge differences in opinion as to what constitutes "clean". <shrug>