Have you ever been in a fight?

myjaja

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2005
I'm talking about a real fight with punching, slapping, and kicking.

Well, have you?

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Oh man, I thought you said "Have you ever been in a flight"?

I voted yes.

Yes, I have been in a fight(s).

*edit*:

Yes, I did give a bully in my younger years money. Sigh.

phisrow

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2004
Only back in middle school. Incidentally, a steel tipped, .5mm, mechanical pencil is pretty good at drawing blood(unfortunately, I missed the vein and artery rich side of the wrist).

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
A few times in college. Sort of.

Once my roommate flipped out on me, but I didn't fight back (told him I wasn't going to fight him). I just blocked his punches as well as I could until a few other guys could drag him away. I don't know if it was adrenaline or what, but I don't recall feeling any pain.

Another time that same roommate and I were pranking another guy in our dorm. We went into his room while he was sleeping and threw some water on him. Then a few minutes later we went and knocked on his door and when he answered it we threw water on him. Then we set up a bucket of water against his door and knocked and ran back to our room. As I was rounding the corner he caught up to me, grabbed my shoulder and used his momentum to swing me around. My head hit the wall and I was knocked out. I woke up to see my roommate throwing the guy against the wall, and I broke them up.

The other time a guy was trying to pick a fight with me, but I outweighed him by about 50 pounds so I just pushed him up against the wall and told him to knock it off.

So basically my answer is no.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Yep. I got detention and/or suspension for fighting multiple times each year starting with 3rd grade, and if we're including fights with siblings then it used to be a weekly occurance.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I used to fight a lot in my youth. I hadn't been in a fight for 25 or so years till about a month ago.
The neighbor kid, about 28 - 30, started some stuff, got beat up, then his wife called the cops on me.
They told me it was within my rights to defend myself and property. I wasn't looking for any trouble, it came looking for me.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
With my brother here and there, full on punching and kicking each other.

I kicked him in the nuts once and on his way to the floor he jabbed mine, we were both laying on the ground holding our own nuts.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
A bunch of times. My favorite was in 6th grade when one of my "friends" told me the whole way down to the cafeteria about how he could "take me, any time, any place"

We stopped walking, I pushed his shoulder, turning him the 90 degrees to face me and then punched out 5 or 6 front teeth. :D

Mentat

Oct 3, 2006
Naw, No real fights for me.

Once when I was 10 my friend pissed me off so I clenched my fist and held it out straight to my side. Then I moved my body and arm together to side-swing him in the back. I call it "the windmill, sideways style."

He got pretty mad and started to cry. Then proceeded to run at me, at which time I ran from him.

It's a pretty good thing I run super fast. I got away ;)

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Originally posted by: myjaja

Well, have you?

I've you've been in a physical altercation where you actually slap the other person, you need to make sure you didn't break a nail.

Pussies.

iron crotch

May 29, 2006
slap? hell no
kick? not really
punching? Hell yes . In lacrosse we had daily boxing matches for the team's entertainment. those were the days

Xyo II

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2005
Originally posted by: GuideBot
Originally posted by: myjaja

Well, have you?

I've you've been in a physical altercation where you actually slap the other person, you need to make sure you didn't break a nail.

Pussies.

Why the hell did you slap me? "gotta keep the pimp hand strong, bitch!"

pennylane

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2002
I got in a "fight" in 1st grade. That was the only time. I was the smartest kid in the class in grade school. And that won me a lot of respect.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
no

ive come close though

we were in PE and we were playing baseball. im in an argument with this guy and he comes toward me, so i pick up an aluminium baseball bat that was right next to me. he didnt come any closer :p

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
All the time when I was younger. Heck, we used to fight just out of boredom sometimes. Came in handy when I enlisted in the Marine Corps. I was the smallest guy in my platoon, (sheesh, look at me now...6'1" and over 250 lbs) and always had to prove to some a$$hole that even though I was small, I wouldn't be pushed around...
Haven't een in a fight in over 25 years, (and hope it stays that way), but I STILL don't let anyone fvck with me or mine...

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: HamburgerBoy
Yep. I got detention and/or suspension for fighting multiple times each year starting with 3rd grade, and if we're including fights with siblings then it used to be a weekly occurance.

Oh yeah, this one time in middle school we were playing kickball in gym class. This guy kicked a ball that was BARELY a double, but they bobbled the ball and he went for three then rounded third and headed for home where he was easily tagged out. I called him an idiot for going for the home run and he came after me, so I punched him. I hit him in the neck because I was a short little guy in middle school.