Have you ever been a victim of domestic violence?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Have you ever been a victim of domestic violence?

• No.

• I am a man, and I've been subjected to violence by my SO.

• I'm a woman, and I've been subjected to violence by my SO.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Several times. I had a beach apartment in college and my deck was 10 ft from where girls laid out and tried to maintain a girlfriend too. Busted lots of times. I have no game now but back then...

No big deal I just laughed.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Nope. Neither on the giving, nor receiving end.

You know, the fact that your instinct was to pick up a woman and throw her across the room is somewhat disconcerting.

This. I've never even thought about hitting a woman. I think it's funny when get all slappy like they can hurt you. Kind of erotic actually.

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
My friend is about 6'0", 200 pounds athletic guy, and got married a few months ago to a petite little 98 pound girl that was 5'2". Well their marriage was just annulled because as it turns out she's a psycho bitch and would literally try to beat the crap out of him using everything except knives and guns. He swears she was normal before they got married. I didn't know crap like this actually happened.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
My friend is about 6'0", 200 pounds athletic guy, and got married a few months ago to a petite little 98 pound girl that was 5'2". Well their marriage was just annulled because as it turns out she's a psycho bitch and would literally try to beat the crap out of him using everything except knives and guns. He swears she was normal before they got married. I didn't know crap like this actually happened.

Sound like a shotgun wedding ...How long did he live with her? People can't hide their nature for long.

May 11, 2008
Everybody has some history. I think it is a closed matter for me. But i have seen the other side as well, out of protection that is.

When i was a little me this group of kids would always steal my toys or/and beat me up. One day i got a new toy and they wanted to beat me up. That was one of the rare happenings i unleashed the violent part of my nature and beat the 3 of them up, but focused on 1 when the other kept running away. I left him behind unconsciously in the street, his head swollen and bleeding . His parents put him on another school afterwards. After that i vowed to not loose myself again. Forgot one thing though, you really do perceive everything in shades of red only in a red rage event.

Last edited:

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Sound like a shotgun wedding ...How long did he live with her? People can't hide their nature for long.
They never lived together and only dated for like 9 months I think. I guess their honeymoon was fine and then about a week after the honeymoon is when her personality totally changed. She always told him she hated him and never wanted to get married and she would just rage. Also she wouldn't allow him to touch her at all after the honeymoon and would just distance herself emotionally/mentally/physically.

From what I hear she and everybody in her family knows she's bi-polar or possibly has multiple personalities and they all failed to disclose that information before.

My personal theory is that she was sexually abused as a child and was able to repress everything until they got married and finally developed a sexual relationship(yes religious). After the honeymoon period she couldn't hold it in anymore and is completely destroying herself because she refuses to talk to anybody about her issues. All of her repressed trauma's manifest as multi-personality/bi-polar tantrums.

geecee

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2003
Some of the posts here just make me think "Wow, that's messed up."

On a less serious note, a few years back, my SO was taking taekwondo and needed a practice dummy. So I put on her sparring pads and "sparred" with her (I have no fighting background whatsoever, other than a YMCA judo class when I was in second or third grade). She was only a mid range belt, and I outweighed her by like 70 lbs, so I didn't think it would be too bad. She unleashed a flying sidekick on me that knocked me backwards over her living room couch, knocking over a phone, a lamp and the end table they were on. I took her more seriously after that. She did apologize though. ;)