Have you ever been a victim of domestic violence?

Have you ever been a victim of domestic violence?

• No.

• I am a man, and I've been subjected to violence by my SO.

• I'm a woman, and I've been subjected to violence by my SO.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Spidey's thread about the cop slapping the woman who slapped him brought this to mind. I'm interested in seeing how this poll turns out.

Thanks for playing.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
A chic (GF) slapped me once. Out of instinct I picked her up and threw her across the room onto the bed. She had that look of "shit! actions DO have consequences!"

Needless to say our relationship didn't last too long. So I voted yes, I've been struck by a woman but I wouldn't really call it domestic violence. Some weapon or severe injury is needed for it to be that IMHO.

Last edited:

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
A chic (GF) slapped me once. Out of instinct I picked her up and threw her across the room onto the bed. She had that look of "shit! actions DO have consequences!"

Needless to say our relationship didn't last too long. So I voted yes, I've been struck by a woman but I wouldn't really call it domestic violence. Some weapon or severe injury is needed for it to be that IMHO.

Well, you'd be wrong...

Key West

Banned
Jan 20, 2010
No for relationships, but my dad beat the shit out of me as a kid, atandard asian procedure. I love him. :)

Binarycow

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2010
Well, one time I woke up in the morning wooded and all finding my SO was down there blowing the family's flute. I was so upset about being sexually violated that I voiced my complaint only to be straddled by her for the next half an hour. She then slapped my ass repeatedly after she had had her way with me.

Up till now, that was my only experience with domestic violence.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
one of my college roommates assaulted me once.

he was bipolar.

I jokingly punched him in the shoulder and he responded by unleashing the fury of a thousand suns on my face.

his mom pulled him out of school and institutionalized him shortly afterward.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Nope. Neither on the giving, nor receiving end.

You know, the fact that your instinct was to pick up a woman and throw her across the room is somewhat disconcerting.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I am going to abstain from this issue since I have already dealt with my past.

May 16, 2000
Reported, actual, or threatened?

My ex pulled my gun on me once, though nothing came of it other than divorcing. Still, I suppose it qualifies.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
im gonna make a thread much like this one about child molestation victims and old white folks.

there. i said it.

Have a nice day, yall! :awe:

Are you kidding?

I did time here in OC, and the majority of child molesters (chesters) were Latino.

This is not excusing the old creepy white-guy in the windowless van that makes the news, I'm just saying they dont have a monopoly on being pedos.

xCxStylex

Apr 6, 2003
What did you do time for?

Somehow, living in OC and reading the news, I'm not surprised. Reading the news makes me more cynical and racist @_@

Are you kidding?

I did time here in OC, and the majority of child molesters (chesters) were Latino.

This is not excusing the old creepy white-guy in the windowless van that makes the news, I'm just saying they dont have a monopoly on being pedos.

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
I had a coworker who was a victim. At one point his wife was using pots and pans to hit him with because she was going through a rage period during her pregnancy. It was funny to me at first and kind of unbelievable since he was much larger than his wife. Then he showed me the bruises and broke down in front of me.