Have you ever accidentally said, "I love you," or it's equivalent when you didn't mean it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: SmoochyTX
Originally posted by: eits
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
i took a girl out on a date (first date) and at the end of the long date we had, i gave her a kiss goodnight at her door and she said "i love you". i didn't know how to react, so i kinda laughed about it and said "alrighty, well, i'll see you later" and ran back to my car.

later, i called her and we talked about her outburst and she said it was an accident, but i told her the damage was done. i told her that i'd call her back in a week to give me some time to get over it and try again. well, a week passed and she called me in the afternoon and said, "so, you going to call me or what?" is an irritated tone. i was like, "uh... yeah? i WAS...". her call changed my entire attitude about her and i just kinda stopped talking to her.

wtf...?

Outburst? Damage? A week to think?

WTF?

what do you mean "wtf?"
Well, did you do you talk about your running back to your car like a little girl? :p

of course. i told her that when she said that, it really freaked me out and made me not want to see her again. but, i told her that i understood it was a mistake and that once i got over it, everything would be cool... so, i told her to give me a week.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
i took a girl out on a date (first date) and at the end of the long date we had, i gave her a kiss goodnight at her door and she said "i love you". i didn't know how to react, so i kinda laughed about it and said "alrighty, well, i'll see you later" and ran back to my car.

later, i called her and we talked about her outburst and she said it was an accident, but i told her the damage was done. i told her that i'd call her back in a week to give me some time to get over it and try again. well, a week passed and she called me in the afternoon and said, "so, you going to call me or what?" is an irritated tone. i was like, "uh... yeah? i WAS...". her call changed my entire attitude about her and i just kinda stopped talking to her.

wtf...?

Outburst? Damage? A week to think?

WTF?

what do you mean "wtf?"

I mean that she could have slipped like I did rather than actually meaning it and it seems like you are acting like it's the end of the world.

yeah, that's why i told her to give me a week to get over it.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Yes; I was once using two lines on one phone at once. My (then) boss was on line 2, and there was someone else on line 1. I needed to disconnect both calls... I said "love you" to the boss, when I obviously meant it for the party on line 1. Oops.

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003

I mean that she could have slipped like I did rather than actually meaning it and it seems like you are acting like it's the end of the world.

slipping during sex and slipping during a goodbye kiss aren't even in the same ballpark

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: TheChort

slipping during sex and slipping during a goodbye kiss aren't even in the same ballpark

obviously, you don't know what a first date with me is like ;)

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
I've said it when I didn't mean it, but not accidentally - girl in HS asked me direct and I couldn't avoid it and I was too big a pansy to tell her no.

Nothing bad came of it.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
I've said it when I didn't mean it, but not accidentally - girl in HS asked me direct and I couldn't avoid it and I was too big a pansy to tell her no.

Nothing bad came of it.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Heh, as the only person I talk to on the phone 99% of the time is my wife, I almost always end calls with 'Love ya' out of pure habit. I've had to catch myself on the rare occasion when I use my phone at work to talk with a co-worker. I usually drag it out as "Llllllllllater," which sounds totally awkward, but not as awkward as what I almost said. :eek:

ColdFusion718

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2000
Originally posted by: moshquerade
i usually say it as "i wub you" when i don't mean it.

but you kissed her as a way to show her you didn't mean it? that's not making sense. :p

bah babytalk :thumbsdown:

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
I honestly think the word is used too much. It has as much of an impact as the word "fvck" to be honest. When used too much, any word loses meaning even if the word is something as wonderful as "love."

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
I don't think so...

My most recent ex-girlfriend said it to me a couple times by accident...the way you'd say it when getting off the phone with your mom.

I just sorta laughed it off as we'd only dated for a few weeks at that point.

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: RallyMaster
I honestly think the word is used too much. It has as much of an impact as the word "fvck" to be honest. When used too much, any word loses meaning even if the word is something as wonderful as "love."

Those three words,
are said too much
they're not enough
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

[/cut wrists]

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: TheChort

Those three words,
are said too much
they're not enough
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

[/cut wrists]

lmao

but Snow Patrol are hardly emo.