Have you ever accidentally said, "I love you," or it's equivalent when you didn't mean it?

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
I'll say it to female co-workers when they help me out usually combined with a smarmy grin and a wink and they all think it's funny but tonight I said it, (in the same sorta tone) but I totally did NOT mean to and the chick was like, "Oh, do you?" and I just kissed her and ignored the question.

Have you ever run into this?

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
i usually say it as "i wub you" when i don't mean it.

but you kissed her as a way to show her you didn't mean it? that's not making sense. :p

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
do da heisman on dat ho
do da heisman on dat ho
do da heisman on dat ho
do da heisman on dat ho
do da heisman on dat ho

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
i took a girl out on a date (first date) and at the end of the long date we had, i gave her a kiss goodnight at her door and she said "i love you". i didn't know how to react, so i kinda laughed about it and said "alrighty, well, i'll see you later" and ran back to my car.

later, i called her and we talked about her outburst and she said it was an accident, but i told her the damage was done. i told her that i'd call her back in a week to give me some time to get over it and try again. well, a week passed and she called me in the afternoon and said, "so, you going to call me or what?" is an irritated tone. i was like, "uh... yeah? i WAS...". her call changed my entire attitude about her and i just kinda stopped talking to her.

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: moshquerade

but you kissed her as a way to show her you didn't mean it? that's not making sense. :p
"I wub you"? :laugh:

:confused:

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003

I kissed her because I didn't want to answer the question and was like, "Sh!t, what do I do now?" It was the best I had in the heat of the moment. :eek:

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: DainBramaged

I kissed her because I didn't want to answer the question and was like, "Sh!t, what do I do now?" It was the best I had in the heat of the moment. :eek:

grab a twix... that always seems to work out in the commercials.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: eits
i took a girl out on a date (first date) and at the end of the long date we had, i gave her a kiss goodnight at her door and she said "i love you". i didn't know how to react, so i kinda laughed about it and said "alrighty, well, i'll see you later" and ran back to my car.

later, i called her and we talked about her outburst and she said it was an accident, but i told her the damage was done. i told her that i'd call her back in a week to give me some time to get over it and try again. well, a week passed and she called me in the afternoon and said, "so, you going to call me or what?" is an irritated tone. i was like, "uh... yeah? i WAS...". her call changed my entire attitude about her and i just kinda stopped talking to her.

wtf...?

Outburst? Damage? A week to think?

WTF?

ArJuN

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2005
Yea dude, I have no idea why I did it. I said it before I went on a 3 month trip. Biggest mistake ever. And I knew I didn't mean it, I just don't know why I said it.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

1st date "I love yous" are BIG RED FLAGS.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

wtf...?

WTF?

what do you mean "wtf?"

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003

wtf...?

WTF?

what do you mean "wtf?"
Well, did you do you talk about your running back to your car like a little girl? :p

Xstatic1

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2006
i almost blurted those 3 words once during the heat of the moment. thank goodness, that was the only time the words would've flown out of my mouth, until i caught myself like a nanosecond before. looking back, it probably would have changed the course of things, which in itself wouldn't have been bad considering how i felt about the person, but just the fact that i could have said those words when i truly didn't "mean" 'em would have been a major faux pas.

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003

wtf...?

WTF?

what do you mean "wtf?"

i agree with eits
The girl definitely had some kind of dependency issue. How can you possibly love someone after one date? What he did is nicer than what I would have done ... not call her for a week, and not tell her about it either. Then, if she hadn't called me during that time, I would call her up, and think about another date.

Xstatic1

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2006

1st date "I love yous" are BIG RED FLAGS.

yup yup. spells big-time desperation.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Well since you already said it you might as well at least ride the love train to poonanyville before you get off. You will be leaving soon.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003

wtf...?

WTF?

what do you mean "wtf?"

I mean that she could have slipped like I did rather than actually meaning it and it seems like you are acting like it's the end of the world.

Feb 6, 2007
I had a friend I messed around with in college. Nothing official, just sex (and we're young, so LOTS of sex). Anyway, she goes away on vacation to meet this guy she hasn't seen in a long time, and ends up spending the whole time having sex with him. She gets back, she tells me what happens, and I say I don't care (cause I don't). So later, we're messing around on the couch, my hand is in a terribly inappropriate, but incredibly fun, place, and she screams out "I LOVE YOU!" as she... you know. Kinda took me aback with that one. So I'm just sitting there with a real stupid look on my face, and she's cleaning up and trying to explain it to me (well, <the guy I was visiting> told me I should say what's on my mind and not hold it in, and I love you, and that was really good by the way, and so I said it, and I don't want it to make things weird between us, but I really love you, and not just for the sex, which is good, well great, even if he does have a bigger penis than you, but it's not just that, it's you, cause you're great, and I love you, and)...

That was an awkward first "I love you."

We've been together 4 and half years.

As for the original question, I have said "I love you" to strangers on the phone completely by accident. The worst was saying it to the checkout girl at Taco Bell. It becomes a force of habit and then you end up saying it to the wrong people... I almost said it to my boss last week.

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
I had a friend I messed around with in college. Nothing official, just sex (and we're young, so LOTS of sex). Anyway, she goes away on vacation to meet this guy she hasn't seen in a long time, and ends up spending the whole time having sex with him. She gets back, she tells me what happens, and I say I don't care (cause I don't). So later, we're messing around on the couch, my hand is in a terribly inappropriate, but incredibly fun, place, and she screams out "I LOVE YOU!" as she... you know. Kinda took me aback with that one. So I'm just sitting there with a real stupid look on my face, and she's cleaning up and trying to explain it to me (well, <the guy I was visiting> told me I should say what's on my mind and not hold it in, and I love you, and that was really good by the way, and so I said it, and I don't want it to make things weird between us, but I really love you, and not just for the sex, which is good, well great, even if he does have a bigger penis than you, but it's not just that, it's you, cause you're great, and I love you, and)...

That was an awkward first "I love you."

We've been together 4 and half years.

As for the original question, I have said "I love you" to strangers on the phone completely by accident. The worst was saying it to the checkout girl at Taco Bell. It becomes a force of habit and then you end up saying it to the wrong people... I almost said it to my boss last week.

:confused: :Q LOL