Have you driven the new Accord?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: evident
win
win
win :)

7th gen coupe = sexy + 31 mpg for a 70 mile highway commute + leather heated seats = yesssssssss

Much, much better looking than the newest generation. That goes x10 for the TSX... the new ones spun off to a whole new dimension of fugly. On par with the new fx35 really...

thecritic

Sep 5, 2004
Originally posted by: OS
auto v6 for auto v6, yes the camry is faster. But accord V6 6MT will be just as fast if not faster.
besides, while we are trash talking accord for the camry, why don't you mention something about the camry's crappy four cylinder which has up to 35 HP deficit to the accord.

btw, keep apples to apples, timing chains do not mean your car's water pump, accessory belt and coolant lasts forever. I don't like timing belts either but this is fallacious.

Camry's four-cylinder still gives better fuel economy and a lower 0-60 time than the Accord's 177HP unit, at least. This was shown in the Edmunds comparison recently.

Timing chains usually outlast the vehicle as long as oil changes are kept up-to-date. We have people with over 200k on their original chains on the Saturn forum.

fstime

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2004
Originally posted by: thecritic
auto v6 for auto v6, yes the camry is faster. But accord V6 6MT will be just as fast if not faster.
besides, while we are trash talking accord for the camry, why don't you mention something about the camry's crappy four cylinder which has up to 35 HP deficit to the accord.

btw, keep apples to apples, timing chains do not mean your car's water pump, accessory belt and coolant lasts forever. I don't like timing belts either but this is fallacious.

Camry's four-cylinder still gives better fuel economy and a lower 0-60 time than the Accord's 177HP unit, at least. This was shown in the Edmunds comparison recently.

Timing chains usually outlast the vehicle as long as oil changes are kept up-to-date. We have people with over 200k on their original chains on the Saturn forum.

No one cares.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Originally posted by: thecritic

i'm sorry, the camry's 4cyl feels way underpowered in the latest generation. please drive one of those and then drive the 4 cyl accord and you can tell that the honda k-engines are way better matched for the accord.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
I really like the new Accord. I am waiting for the 2009 diesel eqipped cars though.

w00t

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2004
I love how you compare a Honda Accord to a BMW 3-Series...

RWD > FWD

/thread