Have you decided who to vote for?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Have you decided who you will vote for?

• Yes. Mind made up. No question.

• No. Not quite decided yet. Still considering.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dude111

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2010
No he is just NOT A PUPPET the elite can push around at will
icon7.gif

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
So if Obama can't fix the problem in his second term, you will vote Republican regardless of who the candidate in 2016 are?
I'll hold you for your word.

You're asking me if Obama not being able to improve things in his second term (by inaction or due to obstruction, doesn't matter) will cause me to adopt the team sports mentality to voting, instead of judging the candidates positions and merit, then voting accordingly?

Not going to happen!

That's stupid in it's own right, but really stupid in an age of GWBs and Sarah Palins. Still, even though the GOP lost it's sanity and credibility long ago, I feel there are still diamonds in the rough worthy of consideration (like Huntsman) and could be convinced to vote for them providing I felt they weren't part of the evangelical KoolAid crowd pushing retro social and economic policies.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
What's there to decide. It pretty clear where the Republican party stands and where the Democratic party stand. Claiming to be an independent and to "I just vote for the man" is a cop out and politically naive at best.

I think trying to take the debate and condense it into a "black or white" synopsis all of three sentences long smacks of more than a little naivete as well... In fact, short and sweet viewpoints like that seem far closer to a cop out than someone wanting to vote by the issues and saying so.

If things were as cut and dry as you submit, then there wouldn't be so much disagreement within the two major parties, or have I missed out on the lovefest all the evangelical Southerners are now throwing for Mittens?

Obama has his fair share of disgruntled voters from his party (and Indies too, how about that), why it's almost like the individuals themselves do count for more than established party agenda and stereotypes. Why, it's almost as if politicians don't always follow the script their party wants them too!

Last edited:

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Yes my mind is made up. I wont be voting FOR anybody, but I will be voting AGAINST obama. Though it doesnt make a difference really, with obama we get outward corruption with little veil, with romney we get outward corruption with the veil of helping out businesses.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
I'm voting for the only candidate with a plan to fix this country - Gary Johnson.

I would advise against that. I would love to vote for Dr. Paul, but neither he or Johnson will win so your ote will only help obama. Its best to vote for mitt if you hate obama, a vote for johnson/paul is a vote against mitt and for obama.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I've been a lifelong liberal democrat and voted Gore, Kerry, Obama in the first three elections I was old enough to vote in. I had assumed I would vote Obama again, but some recent changes in my point of view on various political issues has lead me to decide to abstain from voting this time. I wouldn't consider Romney because he's even worse.

Both parties suck, I don't give a shit. I need to get around to changing my signature.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Voting for Obama here. He's not perfect by a long shot, but the Republicans really don't have a plan beyond cutting Medicare to finance tax breaks for the extremely wealthy.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
George Carlin had some good words of wisdom... if you vote, you can't complain.

Either way it is a bad choice. If you do vote, then aren't you are reinforcing the dysfunctional status quo?
Yep.
Will Johnson be on the ballot in your area?
He's on the ballot in all 50 States and D.C. but his votes will be discarded or counted in favor of one half of Rombama.
Wrong, because I am not going to vote for either of the douchebags. The question isn't "who's going to win" with me answering neither, it's who am I voting for. Class dismissed.
The govt may force everyone to vote or die after this election because they won't be able to handle the fact that so many people are seeing the truth. I'm predicting that not voting in the 2014 elections will be punishable by a minimum of 5 years of imprisonment and a maximum punishment of death.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
George Carlin had some good words of wisdom... if you vote, you can't complain.

Hell yes we can! Some say we can't complain about our dinner unless we eat it first, while the only thing on the menu is horse or dog shit. Wrong. I'm not given choice as taxes and the pols sure can get an earful from me.

Last edited:

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Yes, I have already decided that I won't be voting. Neither candidate represents anything I can vote for with a good conscience.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
NEW YORKER: Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags'...

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
No. I have not decided for whom I will vote.

I know I will NOT vote FOR Mitt the Mormon.

Once again, I DOUBT I will vote for O'Bummer

Unfortunately, none of the 3rd-party candidates is a real sound choice either.

I hate it when I'm left with "Voting for the lesser of two evils" as my only option.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
The debates might help making up undecided minds?

The really sad part is after the election, we have 1 maybe 2 short years till it starts all over again.
Now THATS insane.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm surprised to see anyone at P&N, a forum for political discussion, would not already have made a decision, even if that decision is "none of the above" or third party.

Personally my mind is made up. I don't like either candidate and I don't like either party, but I'll vote Romney.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I'm surprised to see anyone at P&N, a forum for political discussion, would not already have made a decision, even if that decision is "none of the above" or third party.

Personally my mind is made up. I don't like either candidate and I don't like either party, but I'll vote Romney.

I wasn't going to bother participating in the perpetual farce, but I don't want an Obama free from fear of re-election consequences picking the SCOTUS. The Constitution is a piece of toilet paper now but I don't want to see it used to wipe his butt and shoved down our throats.