Have you decided who to vote for?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Have you decided who you will vote for?

• Yes. Mind made up. No question.

• No. Not quite decided yet. Still considering.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Im going to vote for Obama. Atleast I know, Financial Aid for college won't be hindered in some way. Unlike Mitt, I cant just "borrow money" from my parents to pay for college. Derp.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Yes, I have already decided that I won't be voting. Neither candidate represents anything I can vote for with a good conscience.
Then vote third party. If nothing else, that shows the major parties that you're a voter whose vote they COULD have had. The losing party might even consider why and what it would take.

I wasn't going to bother participating in the perpetual farce, but I don't want an Obama free from fear of re-election consequences picking the SCOTUS. The Constitution is a piece of toilet paper now but I don't want to see it used to wipe his butt and shoved down our throats.
Agreed, but . . .

Eeew!

Im going to vote for Obama. Atleast I know, Financial Aid for college won't be hindered in some way. Unlike Mitt, I cant just "borrow money" from my parents to pay for college. Derp.
+1 for honesty. Good ol' graft, take money away from someone else and give it to meeee!

As long as you in turn agree to make your education count and then pay high taxes for others to enjoy the same opportunity, you can add integrity to honesty.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I have to find a 4th party. I tried voting for a dem, lost. Green, lost. Republican, lost. What else is left.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
+1 for honesty. Good ol' graft, take money away from someone else and give it to meeee!

As long as you in turn agree to make your education count and then pay high taxes for others to enjoy the same opportunity, you can add integrity to honesty.

OH, so we should end the Financial Aid program....

Hmm, how do you suppose Americans pay for college then? You know, cause..Im just some leech sucking up all the money from your paycheck so I can go to college for free. I can just ask my two rich parents to help me pay the $20,000 it costs a year to go here.

Lets get rid of home and personal loans...I shouldnt have to pay taxes so some couple can get the money to put up for their first house. I shouldnt have to pay taxes so two lovebirds can afford a wedding, etc.

What a joke.

You don't know anything about me or anybody else who has financial aid at a University right now, how dare you tell me that Im leeching?

And who exactly is paying for my education? You? Are you paying higher taxes just so I can go to school?

I have loans, not a free education...I am paying for this, just not all at once. I have an awesome job, I make good money for a college student and I pay my bills.

Basically, fuck you and have a nice day.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
OH, so we should end the Financial Aid program....

Hmm, how do you suppose Americans pay for college then? You know, cause..Im just some leech sucking up all the money from your paycheck so I can go to college for free. I can just ask my two rich parents to help me pay the $20,000 it costs a year to go here.

Lets get rid of home and personal loans...I shouldnt have to pay taxes so some couple can get the money to put up for their first house. I shouldnt have to pay taxes so two lovebirds can afford a wedding, etc.

What a joke.

You don't know anything about me or anybody else who has financial aid at a University right now, how dare you tell me that Im leeching?

And who exactly is paying for my education? You? Are you paying higher taxes just so I can go to school?

I have loans, not a free education...I am paying for this, just not all at once. I have an awesome job, I make good money for a college student and I pay my bills.

Basically, fuck you and have a nice day.
You mistook me, I MEANT +1 for honesty. Far too often people say "We need programs to help the poor" when they mean "We need programs that help ME". And yes, I am paying higher taxes so that you can go to school. We all are. From where do you think that money comes if not taxpayers? (Well, the portion that isn't borrowed from the Chinese and other foreign entities.) The money has to be raised via higher taxes, as for ALL social programs, both for the money to loan out and for the administrative costs.

I have no problem with you getting loans (federal or federal-guaranteed) to attend college. Just use it well and get a degree that is both useful and needed. And remember once you graduate that you have a duty to pay your own higher taxes, not to demand that someone else (be it the high earners who can "afford more" or the low earners getting a "free ride") pay more instead.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I usually vote for the least religious asshole but both of these guys are just assholes. So, My vote goes unused this year.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
I will definitely not vote for Romney, not decided whether I'll vote for Obama or not.

I may simply abstain from voting altogether since both candidates are pretty far removed from my political leanings.