have u ever written something that u were really proud of?

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
"f@p f@p f@p" does not count... even tho whoever invent that is a genius :p

anyway, my friend had an assignment to read an article about feminism and had to write a one or two page reaction about it. she asked me to help her out, so she started to write about a page, then sent it to me for some proofing. eventually, we started to BS and she got tired, so i told her i would just take her ideas and expand on them a little bit. i was just writing to suck up to the professor really, but it was kinda fun. even tho the end result was only like 2 pages (time new roman font too... none of that cheapy courier fatty fonts!), i was kinda proud of it. and no i will not post it here, becuz i know u guys will tear me a new one :p

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
I assume the proofing added in all those missing y's, o's, a's, u's, s's, and e's? ;)

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
I have. I'm the game master for my friends and family. I created a typical fantasy for our adventure, and we played in that game every weekend for the better part of a year. The thing is, one member could only make it to the game every other weekend, and everyone else could make it to gaming every weekend.

So I had everyone (but the one member) make two characters for gaming. We played one adventure on weekend A, and the other adventure (without the one player) on weekend B. The games were set in the same exact world, but a generation apart. Adventure B occured 20 or 30 years before adventure A. So I crafted the adventure so that things that occured in adventure B were setting up the motives and conditions of adventure A.

It was pretty challenging, but very rewarding when I saw the players see the connections I had invented. When the games ended last spring, I also wrote a multi-page epilogue for adventure B (the one occuring before A) to let the players know the fate of some of the primary NPCs (non-player characters) and to wrap up a romantic sideline between a player and a major NPC.

deerslayer

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
I wrote something about my cousin that died last September, I don't know if i would use "proud" as the word, but it came from the heart. Everything else i've ever had to write has been BS.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: aves2k
Yes, but I don't really want to discuss it here. The subject is too controversial and would just start a flamewar.

It was a paper for high school english class and I made an A. Even they considered it controversial and wouldn't even let me keep a copy of the paper.

can't even tell us the topic?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Rallispec
Yes, but I don't really want to discuss it here. The subject is too controversial and would just start a flamewar.

It was a paper for high school english class and I made an A. Even they considered it controversial and wouldn't even let me keep a copy of the paper.

feminism is what it says in the post.

which, of course, is the radical idea that women are people too.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: Rallispec

feminism is what it says in the post.

which, of course, is the radical idea that women are people too.

where does it say feminism?

edit: i was asking Aves2k about the paper he wrote, not spaky

Thrillhou

Jul 24, 2001
I wrote a paper on Beowulf in highschool that was so bad not only did I get an 'F', but the teacher also institured a new award of which I was the first recipient. It was called the 'Golden Shovel Award' in honor of my just piling it on. It was funny because before she gave me the paper back she pulled up her pant legs because it was getting so deep and made an announcement to the class of my accomplishments. I think she was trying to motivate me to actually read what we wrote our papers on, but it didn't work. I was so proud of my new award that I had received and I continued not to read much of anything that year and the subsequent year under the same teacher this time in AP English. I ended up passing both courses and to top it off I got AP credits for college. The only thing I regret is that I cannot find my Golden Shovel paper. It was a classic. I started off sentences with soap opera quotes.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I write something every day that I'm proud of; however, not in any spoken language.

Usually C, C++, C#, or for today, Perl. I always feel like a proud father when my works does what it's supposed to :)

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Everything I write, if I feel it sufficiently holds what I intended it to hold, is something I'm proud of, in a way. Writing takes a bit of me, a bit of something greater than myself, and the English language as a binding material, and designs a new entity, mostly recognizable as some shadow of what exists in others. It's a connection point between individuals, when done correctly, one that connects on the basis of agreement, argument, beauty, or hideousness.