Have an employee that was termed and she put passwords on all her Office files

Tsaico

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2000
I found some pay stuff that seems promising, but I thought I would toss out the line to see if you guys knew of any free MS office 2003 password recovery/removal tools out there. Thanks in advance!

Tsaico

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2000
She found a new position elsewhere, then just started calling in sick for the last two weeks of her stay here. She came in turned in her two week, then just went home the first day. She has been calling in sick ever since. When we have tried calling, she hasn't picked up or anything as far as I know.

But this is for windows passwords, I was hoping you guys might have some suggestions for office 2003 files.

Nothinman

Elite Member
Sep 14, 2001
Talk to your lawyer then have him call her and send her a letter, I'm sure she'll be a lot more responsive after that.

takeru

Golden Member
Jan 1, 2002
yup, once terminated she must hand over all work material openly back to the company. if she password protected her work documents she must hand over the passwords, or else she will have her ass handed to her via lawyers.

Tsaico

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2000
Well it is headed in that direction, but in the mean time, I cannot wait for litigation. I found a lot of software, but pricing is all over the place from $50 bucks to a few hundred, so I am not sure what the difference is. There are also some free things, but I don't trust them for anything...

Nothinman

Elite Member
Sep 14, 2001
Well it is headed in that direction, but in the mean time, I cannot wait for litigation.

Has anyone called her and told her that you're talking with your lawyers and preparing to litigate? Most people scare pretty easily and I wouldn't be surprised if he cooperated after being told that.

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Nothinman
Well it is headed in that direction, but in the mean time, I cannot wait for litigation.

Has anyone called her and told her that you're talking with your lawyers and preparing to litigate? Most people scare pretty easily and I wouldn't be surprised if he cooperated after being told that.

It would be best in this case to have a lawyer send notice of pending litigation rather than try to do this by yourself.

Nothinman

Elite Member
Sep 14, 2001
It would be best in this case to have a lawyer send notice of pending litigation rather than try to do this by yourself.

Yea, like I said the first time. But if things are moving slow it couldn't hurt to have someone call and say "Look, we really need those documents and we really don't want the hassle but we are willing to take you to court over it if we have to.".

Tsaico

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2000
I have not myself, but the person who managed her position did and left multiple messages for the person, and only got the gal to pick up when she blocked the caller ID, but was hung up on as soon as she realized someone from work was calling. She came in to pick up her final check today (she is out of sick days, so it was her last day she could claim). When asked about the password, her response was I never put any passwords on the documents.

In any case, I found some answers on a different forum and ended up going with a product from Intelore. Worked like a charm and was pretty fast. It was $129 for the entire suite, so it wasn't too bad.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Originally posted by: stash
Send her the bill.
Right! And also pursue prosecution to establish a valid legal precedent that will serve as a warning to everyone else.