have a little debate and need some opinions.

D1gger

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
It really depends on the exact monitor you are talking about. Some users have found a 25ms LCD ok, while others say that they are horrible for gaming. The real question is why you would consider a 25ms LCD when 12 and 16ms models are so available?

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
If you are worried about response times and want one just for games, then get a CRT.

Aug 15, 2004
Originally posted by: D1gger
It really depends on the exact monitor you are talking about. Some users have found a 25ms LCD ok, while others say that they are horrible for gaming. The real question is why you would consider a 25ms LCD when 12 and 16ms models are so available?

Agreed. i bought a samsung 171* model a few years back and it plays WoW just as well as my new planar gaming monitor.

anyway, 16ms monitors are cheap enough nowadays. might as well be safe and get, at the "worst", a slow 16ms instead of hoping for a "fast" 25ms.

cmp1223

Jun 7, 2004
I really think response times are one of the biggest misconceptions in the computer world. They are times from complete black to white, and really don't represent the true quality one can expect with fast motion picture. Sure smaller is better, but making a decision without testing it is really stupid. It it best to test the monitor and look for reviews from gamers/movie watchers. Also, know that some people will disown a monitor if there is a minimal of ghosting, while others are ok with it. I'm a mild gamer and have a planar 17" with i believe a 20 or 25ms response time. Never has it effected a movie or game.

gamerj

Dec 18, 2004
Best thing to do here is just looking for reviews of various lcd screens...indeed the response time doesnt say all that much...in many cases its just not accurate at all...Read up and get as much info as you can...

There are many "tweak" sites with many reviews on LCD screens...