Hauting video of "Elliot Rogers Retribution" student shoots and kills Sorority girls

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Wow, just saw this on the news just now. I didn't see anyone post this. The youtube video is really disturbing. It was a mass murder today.

I feel so sad for the families and the victims. Wish this kid could have been gotten to before the shooting, especially since his video was on youtube for a while.

-------------------------

Link to News Article

Second link

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
I'm sure that in a few week's time we'll be informed by Alex Jones that this didn't actually happen.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
I'm wondering how hard this guy actually tried to get girls, if at all. It sounded like he expects girls to throw themselves at guys, himself in particular as he's the consummate gentleman and thus most deserving.

The only attention being a reserved gentleman might get you is that from gay guys as they misread your signals (or rather, lack-thereof), especially if you're as primped and preened as this weirdo.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Yet another mass shooting by a spoiled rich kid.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Ask your rich daddy for $500 and visit the Bunny Ranch. Problem solved.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I think this is just some kid that suffering from some type of delusional psychosis. What I am wondering is why the parents or family or people around him didn't see some of the signs. Why didn't people report the youtube video? I mean that looked pretty serious to me. It is my understanding that people who are ill like this display a lot of symptoms before they finally get so bad off that they do something like this.

We really do need to step up on the whole mental health issues in the US.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The only good thing is that the narcissistic little fuck is dead. It's heartbreaking that he wasn't caught before his killing spree started.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Whiney little self-indulgent prick. No big surprise he couldn't figure out why women (or anyone else) didn't want to have anything to do with him.

Unfortunately, his type isn't all that uncommon.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
I think this is just some kid that suffering from some type of delusional psychosis. What I am wondering is why the parents or family or people around him didn't see some of the signs. Why didn't people report the youtube video? I mean that looked pretty serious to me. It is my understanding that people who are ill like this display a lot of symptoms before they finally get so bad off that they do something like this.

They probably saw it. However I suspect they chose to ignore the signs and probably hoped he'd grow out of it IMHO.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoaRXO6CIAAulRn.png

Feb 10, 2000

His family actually had reported him to the police after he posted his earlier vlogs. He subsequently removed them from Youtube, then re-posted them the day of his rampage. I gather he posted the final video very shortly before he began his crimes last night.

I find the video really strange in that it feels like what a b-movie maker would have come up with as the video send-off of someone like this. It's like he is a bad actor playing himself. I do not agree that he seems psychotic - I see no reason to think that he is experiencing delusions. He just seems like an angry, narcissistic douche.

kia75

Oct 30, 2005
And here's a link to his youtube retribution video

The thing that surprises me is just how... bad it is. Watch it, if you saw this thrown into the latest fad comic book move you'd say that scene was too cheesy and stupid.

2ndly, that guy isn't ugly. He's actually kind of hot. That kid could have gone to any bar in the country and gotten laid. It was sort of funny, he blames girls for not liking him even though he's a "perfect gentleman" yet he doesn't see the contradiction that a "perfect gentleman" doesn't kill random innocent girls.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Whiney little self-indulgent prick. No big surprise he couldn't figure out why women (or anyone else) didn't want to have anything to do with him.

/this. he wasn't ugly adn being rich is a plus. but damn even in that short video his personality sucked ass.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005

When you say "his type" isn't all that uncommon, I assume you mean narcissistic assholes, not narcissistic assholes who go on shooting sprees. The latter are fortunately pretty rare.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I don't see a mental health issue. I see a spoiled kid who was jealous of men getting laid, so he pouted and killed people for not getting his way.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
KEYT TV was given a 140 page manifesto entitled "My Twisted World " that was given to them by a friend of Rodgers today doesn't say when or if it was going to be posted.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Manifesto - woa twisted is correct.

http://fusion.net/justice/story/elliot-rodgers-entire-140-page-manifesto-now-online-713671

My first act of preparation was the purchase my first handgun. I did this quickly and hastily, at a local gun shop called Goleta Gun and Supply. I had already done some research on handguns, and I decided to purchase the Glock 34 semiautomatic pistol, an efficient and highly accurate weapon. I signed all of the papers and was told that my pickup day was in mid-December. That fell in nicely, because that was when I was planning on staying in Santa Barbara till. After I picked up the handgun, I brought it back to my room and felt a new sense of power. I was now armed.

Who’s the alpha male now, bitches?

I thought to myself, regarding all of the girls who’ve looked down on me in the past.
I quickly admired my new weapon before locking it up in my safe and preparing to go back to my hometown for the winter break

Last edited:

mrjminer

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2005
His family actually had reported him to the police after he posted his earlier vlogs. He subsequently removed them from Youtube, then re-posted them the day of his rampage. I gather he posted the final video very shortly before he began his crimes last night.

I find the video really strange in that it feels like what a b-movie maker would have come up with as the video send-off of someone like this. It's like he is a bad actor playing himself. I do not agree that he seems psychotic - I see no reason to think that he is experiencing delusions. He just seems like an angry, narcissistic douche.

Yea, I caught that his family reported him a few weeks before the attack in one of the various articles about it.

I am wondering what steps the authorities took after the threats were made known. Especially considering the position of his father, from the initial media reports he was an assistant director on The Hunger Games (though the police haven't actually released the info to confirm yet, last I checked); I would think coming from someone in that position, they would have checked into it thoroughly since he wouldn't be bringing undue negative publicity on himself unless it was necessary.

I guess time will tell when more info comes out to see if the authorities dropped the ball in preventing this, or if there was nothing they could legally do at the time to stop it from occurring.

Either way, this guy was a piece of shit. Just too bad he had to take out multiple others with him.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I don't think I've ever seen a more disgusting, more depressing display of narcissistic douchbaggery. I hope there is a line of people ready to piss on that fuckers grave.

Guns sure do make this kind of thing easy.

The three found in his apartment were stabbed, just fyi.