hate your mother in law or g/friend's mom? *edited*

xaeniac

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2005
I have been dating my g/friend for 3 years and was spending time with her at her parent's house when out the blue her mother thought I was putting her daughter down, which she must have been hallucinating. (think it's a reason to justify what she did) She called me a loser in front of my g/friend along with other stoopid comments. I promptly packed my stuff w/out saying a word. Her father was outside and I told him that worked called me into work. Iguess I hold a grudge against her mother and can only see this causing problems. I am a bit disappointed and don't know what to do. BTW I am not a loser and have a full time job. Any suggestions :)

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
When the b/f and I first got together, his parents were not thrilled.. they are HUGELY strict catholics and I am divorced. I was a single mom, without a lot of money. They have a lot... so I am sure they were wondering if I was there for the $$$...but I did not know that anyone in the family had money at the time, and did not care... I still do not care.

They also freaked when we moved in together.

But now... 5+yrs later... every time they see me it is hugs and kisses all around!

:)

alm4rr

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
whats was the gf's reaction to all this?

that's a pretty important barometer

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
If I were you I'd get to steppin'.

My mother-in-law is pretty cool. She jokes around a lot and is generally pleasant. Wasn't as much when I began dating her 17-year-old daughter when I was TWENTY FRICKIN THREE though. :p cradle robbin' bastage, i know.

xaeniac

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2005
Originally posted by: alm4rr
whats was the gf's reaction to all this?

that's a pretty important barometer

She's ashame of her mother and was crying when it happened. I was pretty steamed and it hurt. I guess I am still a little cold. It happened 4 days ago

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: meltdown75
If I were you I'd get to steppin'.

My mother-in-law is pretty cool. She jokes around a lot and is generally pleasant. Wasn't as much when I began dating her 17-year-old daughter when I was TWENTY FRICKIN THREE though. :p cradle robbin' bastage, i know.

lol, yeah, I can't imagine too many mothers would be cool with that.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
My mother-in-law is awesome. I hope my wife turns out just like her.

She's a blast to hang out with.

Jan 31, 2002
Kudos on not returning fire and making yourself look worse.

It's a shame your girlfriend's mother is a bitch though. :(

BTW, register at YAGT.org to post girl-related threads. ;)

- M4H

Lorn

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
Well it wasn't really what I said I guess it was the fact that I was doing her daughteeeeehhhh was that meant for the OP?