Hate Mask and Vaccine Mandates? Just Wait For The Electric Cars

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
What's your opinion of the Lightning?

View attachment 67454

It's an electric Ford pickup? Sorry about all I've got.

I've yet to read any detailed reviews but it certainly looks better than the Tesla "truck" LOL... that thing looks like it was inspired by a 5 y/o's art project!

Be advised I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad about their new toy and frankly I LIKE the "internals" of the new "Mustang EV" it's the name stuck on a mid-size electric SUV I have a problem with. (FWIW Toyota sucks for that "Corolla-SUV" thing too just not as badly!)

Ford should have named that thing the "Escape Touring EV"! :p ;)

(except nobody would pay any attention at all to that which I suppose is the entire point!)

Last edited:

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I went and chatted with my co-irker that has the Rivian. It was just over 85k and the acceleration apparently is smoking. I looked it up, and wow, it looks nice, except it's ugly. I have another co-irker with a year old Ford F-150 Rousch that has like 640hp that he paid over 80k for, I can't wait to tell him he now has the second slowest truck in the lot.

Anyway, I just extended the warranty on my 2019 Edge ST as I don't see myself buying anything during these crazy times, I'm planning to keep it another 2-3 years. The wife has a 2020 Hyundai Veloster N that she adores, as well as a newer Honda HR-V for carrying the dogs so we aren't in the market. I will definitely look pretty hard when it comes time to buy again. I try to stay out of car lots and be happy with what I have lest I lust for a new vehicle.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I'm tired of vehicles being so technological. I'm worried it will get out of control over time. Am I right?

Can you be more specific about what is concerning you? Like name a possible scenario that you're worried about.