Hate anyone at work?

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Hating your Coworkers

Don't know if I should be surprised or not. There sure was a lot of talking behind people's backs at my last job. This one seems "quieter", but I can list some people.

Feel free to vent.

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
one job in high school - large company, disliked several people

two jobs in college - both with relatively small groups; all good people to work with.

three jobs after college - one (small company) had all good people. two (larger companies) had several people I disliked.

So, looks like with more people you have to work with, there's more of a chance of hatin' (at least for my work history).

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
there's a lot of people I have contempt for. heh.

there was one guy that I really hated and we still work in the same company, but now that we're in different offices and barely have to deal with each other, I don't mind him so much.

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
Not hate. Hate is too harsh. Dislike? I think pretty much anyone who works in a decent sized company dislikes at least one person. Some people just clash with each other.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
At a previous job, My boss used to hate this lady almost as much as she hated him. When they were in the same room, it was like a couple of cats about to fight. You could feel the tension. :D

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
I can't say that I 'hate' anybody, but there's a couple of people that can be pretty disruptive to my day that I generally try to avoid.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
You know, you could start to despise anyone just by being around them day in and day out. I have a cousin who I always got along with but he would stay over for days sometimes (we were young) and we just started getting real picky and irritated at the things he did. And then there are married couples who get irritating to each other because of the things they do. For coworkers, there's a few more factors in play too. What's more is that you have to maintain professionalism at all times. Doh.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
My wife says I'm not prejudiced...I hate everyone equally...(but some are more equal than others!) :p

funkymatt

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2005
last job i hated one dude. total douche. new job, i dont think I've been here long enough to build up negative relationships.

theknight571

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
Well... at my last job... (in between jobs now due to layoff)... there were a number of people I disliked, but only one that I hated.

Just the sight of him would make my blood boil.

Fortunately I only had to deal with him on one project... but it was the longest 6 months of my career.

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
At a previous job, My boss used to hate this lady almost as much as she hated him. When they were in the same room, it was like a couple of cats about to fight. You could feel the tension. :D

I bet they were doin' it.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Without a doubt I hate several of my coworkers on a level that most of you could never possibly understand.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I cannot stand workers that are unwilling to do their job. When I did work there were probably 3 or 4 that I loathed out of some 300 I worked with. But, I can't say that I talked behind their backs because I made it pretty apparent that I disapproved of their work ethic to their face.

I remember many years ago a boss saying, "I know you don't like so and so, but would you have a problem working with them today?" I said, "No problem, in fact I'll enjoy it, I'll make their life a living hell for one day." That boss walked away laughing.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
I've gotten along well with most of my coworkers on most jobs. I've had a couple of jobs where I could foresee issues in the future, but they were short-term jobs anyway, so I ignored it.

ognabor

Jun 6, 2007
it's not like a workplace is any different than any other place in the world. just because you happen to go to the same office, store, etc. every day for work, doesnt mean you will get along with everyone that works there.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: ognabor
it's not like a workplace is any different than any other place in the world. just because you happen to go to the same office, store, etc. every day for work, doesn't mean you will get along with everyone that works there.

Not entirely true. I've worked with, lived with, eaten with, worked out with, and fought with the same people 24/7 for the last 12 months. There is no getting away from certain people. Thank the flying spaghetti monster that my roommate isn't an asshole.

gamepad

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2005
Only been working at this job for about 2 months. I hear a lot of talking about people behind their backs, but I am not involved in this type of behavior yet.

joecool

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2001
there's one dude at my job who makes me crazy, but i can't say i hate him. strong dislike and complete lack of respect would be more accurate. he's an incredible lazy ass and always trying to get someone else to do his work for him, always with lots of excuses why its too hard to do on his own. he has this amazing way of phrasing every question like its your fault he has to ask. he also weighs about 600 lbs and his gut hangs to his knees, sticking out from under his shirt. yuck!

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
In other news, bosses make more money than their employees, who they wish were more productive. Be sure to stay tuned for research which hopes to prove the sun rises in the east.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Military - I have a strong dislike of many people, both over me and under me. For every one person I dislike, there is at least 1 that I respect and work well with.

You're going to like and dislike people at many of the jobs you work at, both co workers and customers. Better get used to it.

Edit -

Originally posted by: TallBill
Without a doubt I hate several of my coworkers on a level that most of you could never possibly understand.

I beg to differ. :p

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I can't say that there is even a single person I "hate" at my work.

Of course theres people I might clash with from time to time, but even then it's rare.