Has there ever been a game like Populous?

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I was going to pick it up off of GOG, but I don't think the graphics are going to allow me to play without going blind.

Has there ever been a clone or some sort of remake? I know there's Godus, but that's half baked.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Black&White is kind of a modern take on it. But its not really the same game play. i REALLY liked Populous, and played the heck out of the game back when it came out for SNES.

B&W is fun, its just a very different feel.

xantub

Feb 12, 2014
Well there were 2 sequels in PC (Populous 2 and Populous: The beginning) and there was a Populous game for the Nintendo DS.

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
God yes I played SNES version until my thumbs nearly fell off. Loved that game! Nothing like it since that I'm aware of, unfortunately.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
GODUS is "shudder" kind of like it, same designer. I haven't played it since its very early beta.. you clicked to pick up god power (phone games please stay on phones) i hear this is gone now?, but otherwise there was alot of the Old Popoulous in it. Was it good, no,not even close, but I have heard its changed alot since beta, might be worth a look, but i just hear bad things, like its half finished and they may quit working on it etc.. crowdfunding, take the money and run is getting to be standard.