Has the TSA found any terrorists?

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I think I read somewhere that the TSA has confiscated something like 6 million firearms, knives, and liquids over 4 ounces. Assuming that 1 out of every 100 of those travel sized shampoos, toothpastes, etc. that they confiscated was actually high explosives, they've thwarted 60,000 terrorist attacks.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I think I read somewhere that the TSA has confiscated something like 6 million firearms, knives, and liquids over 4 ounces. Assuming that 1 out of every 100 of those travel sized shampoos, toothpastes, etc. that they confiscated was actually high explosives, they've thwarted 60,000 terrorist attacks.

I think your assumption is totally improbable.

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004
It's a deterrent. Planes are safe because no one needs catching.

It's kind of like how bringing back the death penalty put a permanent stop to all murders.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Yes, I too blame obama for the fail of tsa.

I don't blame him. He made that stupid comment and I think it shows how out of touch with reality he is.

The TSA is broke, it has been broke and it will remain broke until they can honestly look for people who are a danger. Right now they have to roll with what the government lets them do.

Until people realize that our safety is more important than offending someone that wants to kill us, we are all screwed.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I don't blame him. He made that stupid comment and I think it shows how out of touch with reality he is.

The TSA is broke, it has been broke and it will remain broke until they can honestly look for people who are a danger. Right now they have to roll with what the government lets them do.

Until people realize that our safety is more important than offending someone that wants to kill us, we are all screwed.

What else is he going to say? It's borked? That would make to many waves. We know obama doesnt want to make too many waves.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I love how all the righties have discovered the 4th ammendment now that Rush has turned it into an anti Obama talking point.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I suspect that it has possibly deterred people from committing terrorism who really werent that dedicated to it. To think that it deters or realistically stops those who are fanatical to the point of committing to those tactics is absurd. Where there is a will, there is a way. Meanwhile, we waste millions of dollars on this security facade while our dignity is thrown out the window just for choosing to fly.

To be honest, I think that we should go back to the pre-9/11 rules as a baseline, and to improve efficiency of the system.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
I love how all the righties have discovered the 4th ammendment now that Rush has turned it into an anti Obama talking point.

I love the lefties walk all over the 4th amendment now that Obama say's its ok.

See what I did there?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I love the lefties walk all over the 4th amendment now that Obama say's its ok.

See what I did there?

Guess what you'd be bitching about if something happened to a plane and the TSA had not implemented this action, which is actually making the decisions by the way. Can you say "Obama is making our country unsafe and coddling the terrorists" by not implementing all that has just been implemented.

It was all good when Cheney, oops I mean Bush was in charge.

Hypocrites.

By the way if you seen my posts about what the TSA should be doing, you are barking up the wrong tree.

What I'm pointing out is the obvious political exploitation and hypocritical attacks by the right wing political prapaganda machine.

It's hilarious that you guys use to accuse us of having an obsession about Bush.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Guess what you'd be bitching about if something happened to a plane and the TSA had not implemented this action, which is actually making the decisions by the way. Can you say "Obama is making our country unsafe and coddling the terrorists" by not implementing all that has just been implemented.

Hypocrites.

By the way if you seen my posts about what the TSA should be doing, you are barking up the wrong tree.

What I'm pointing out is the obvious political exploitation and hypocritical attacks by the right wing political prapaganda machine.

It's hilarious that you guys use to accuse us of having an obsession about Bush.

Oh well. I'm sure I'd get a response if it wasn't past EST, and CST bedtime. Good thing. I'm missing the beggining of the left winging of america by not watching the PBS Folk Rewind. Even though the bulk of that genre was before my time, it was, as well as the blues, the foundation of what music I grew up with. Nighty Night.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006

Hypocrites.

lol you are a piece of work.

1. No I would not be bitching if something happened on a plane and the TSA hadn't implemented it's current policies. I'd be bitching at them for not implementing other policies that allow the same level of security without violating the Constitution. Unfortunately, said policies happen to hurt some people's feelings. This is, to the left, far more important than our national security as then we are "becoming the enemy" or some shit. At least that's the only argument I've heard against profiling.

2. No, everything wasn't good under Bush and co. Now we're under Obama and... yeah things haven't changed all that much. Or at least they haven't done so in a way that solves any of the major issues.

3. As nick1985 pointed out, the left has a similar propaganda machine that uses similar principles. So... your point?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
lol you are a piece of work.

1. No I would not be bitching if something happened on a plane and the TSA hadn't implemented it's current policies. I'd be bitching at them for not implementing other policies that allow the same level of security without violating the Constitution. Unfortunately, said policies happen to hurt some people's feelings. This is, to the left, far more important than our national security as then we are "becoming the enemy" or some shit. At least that's the only argument I've heard against profiling.

2. No, everything wasn't good under Bush and co. Now we're under Obama and... yeah things haven't changed all that much. Or at least they haven't done so in a way that solves any of the major issues.

3. As nick1985 pointed out, the left has a similar propaganda machine that uses similar principles. So... your point?

Not even close in power and corporate backing. And you seem to ignore the point that it's TSA's call. Piece of work? Details? Your point?

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'll take it. Sure beats the hell out of their norm.

I sincerely agree with you. If it will get the know nothings to finally realize we are living in the midst of a police state, I say halleluyah!!!!!

Last edited:

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Its not just 4th amendment, but 5th amendment, but as soon as they allow for religious exemptions you have 1st and 14th amendment violations as well.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
At the airport I usually fly out of, so far (among other things) they found a handgun sewn in a stuffed animal carried by a child and a weapon concealed in the frame of a wheelchair used by an elderly passenger. Makes you think-perhaps this strict security isn't quite as crazy as people make it out to be.