Has Smash Mouth sold out?

Jynx980

Jan 10, 2001
I have seen a slew a commericals on tv with Smash Mouth songs in them. From Dairy Queen to cars. Is this really necesscary for them? They must have already sold millions of cd albums and made millions of more dollars on concerts. Maybe its a wordwide conspiricy by the goverment to get the economy back to normal with the subliminal phrase "So don't delay act now supplies are running out." Or maybe the buck doesnt stop anywhere.

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
If I was a crappy one hit wonder I'd sell my songs as fast as I could before my 15 minutes ran out.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
If I was a crappy one hit wonder I'd sell my songs as fast as I could before my 15 minutes ran out.

More of a 3 hit wonder (maybe a couple more I don't remember... so I'll stick w/ 3), but otherwise, true.
Gotta pay the bills somehow.

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
money talks, my friend.

i say good for smash mouth, make as much money as you can. i know i would.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Jynx980

Maybe its a wordwide conspiricy by the goverment to get the economy back to normal with the subliminal phrase "So don't delay act now supplies are running out." Or maybe the buck doesnt stop anywhere.

IIRC the lyrics of that song, it's kind of a sarcastic line about trying to hard to fit in.

But I dunno, I don't like them

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
The fact that they've sold millions of CDs doesn't mean they've made any money off of them. Their record label sure did, though...

If YOU had an opportunity to make a lot of money, wouldn't YOU do it? Why the hell not? I would...

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: rival

werd

I can't remember the history but IIRC they were sellouts from the get-go. I thought some of the members were leftovers from other semi famous punk bands and Smashmouth was a project they hoped to finally make money with.