Has NE1 seen The Professional??

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I saw it for the second time tonight. The first time was a couple of years ago on video at my grandma's house and I remember it being so damn awesome.

My boss mentioned the movie a couple of weeks ago and we couldn't for the life of us remember the name of it (don't you just hate it when something is on the tip of your tongue and you can't recall it?;))

Anyway, after about 4 hours, I remembered the name of the movie and immediately placed an order with Buy.com for the DVD.

I just now got the chance to watch is again and man is it a GOOD movie. If you haven't yet seen it, it's a must see.

Jean Reno
Gary Oldman
Natalie Portman
Danny Aiello

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Hell yeah!! He was in Mission Impossible AND Ronin (gotta love it:p)

Luc Besson also did The Fifth Element (another one of my favorites)

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Is this the one where he is the hit man and Natalie Portman is a neighbour of his? Great movie. Jean Renos best english film. Anyone see any of his french stuff. I remember watching a subtitled movie with him in it but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Cheers,
Aquaman

blade

1957 - 2008<br>Elite Moderator Emeritus<br>Troll H
Oct 9, 1999
&quot;Leon&quot; is what it was called in some countries like France.

natalie: &quot;You a hitman?&quot;

reno: &quot;cleaner&quot;

Aragorn

Feb 25, 2000
The movie was also known as &quot;Leon&quot; Great movie. They are releasing the uncut international version on DVD on August 15.

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000
Go see the uncut version which will be released soon. It it includes really disturbing scenes (Natalie Portman putting the moves on Leon...she was like 11 years old then)

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
The Professional was great! The paintball thing was iffy though:D Did the look of anandtech boards change? It seems like it has...I reformatted and poof...grey blackground. Hmph.

zedos

Jun 26, 2000
Great movie!! I liked when Natalie had Jean try to figure out who she was impersonating...

MisterM

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
SuperGroove:

<< Did the look of anandtech boards change? >>

On the bar with login/logout, help, profile etc. there`s also the option to customize the forums...go there and change the backgroundcolor to whatever you like! :)

And yes, the movies awesome! :)
I´ve had the DVD for quite some time now, and yes it`s called &quot;Leon&quot; here in Austria, so I would presume it`s called that in some other parts of Europe too.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< i say it a while ago and it thought it sucked.. >>

:Q?????????????????

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
That movie kicked ass... Especially the final scene of Leon rigged with all the grenades... And the look on that cop's face...

Viper GTS

LocutusX

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yup, just watched it last weekend. AMAZING movie. Actually, the version I have is titled &quot;LEON&quot;, and it does have a scene where Natalie &quot;makes the moves&quot; on Jean Reno. She says something like &quot;A girl's first time is always the most important...&quot; Is that what you mean?

If you like Luc Besson's style of direction (like me), I recommend these other films. For some reason, Luc's style of directing gives me this strange lukewarm feeling inside after the movie is done, hard to explain. Most action films don't.

Messenger: Joan of Arc
Nikita (original version, NOT remake) (MUCH BETTER THAN SH*T TV SHOW)
5th Element

Luc loves using Jean Reno, Milla Jovovich, and Tcheky Karyoff (sp) in his movies. Messenger is cool, because it's got all three.

flood

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
I bet most people who like &quot;The Professional&quot; also like &quot;Heat&quot;

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Luc loves using Jean Reno, Milla Jovovich, and Tcheky Karyoff (sp) in his movies. Messenger is cool, because it's got all three. >>

Also Gary Oldman. He plays in The Professional and The Fifth Element

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< &quot;Send everone...EVERYONE!&quot; >>

ROTF

&quot;I told you to be careful&quot; :p

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
They should make The Professional 2, one where natelie portman is the best hitwoman now. mUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Prince of Persia

Oct 10, 1999
I personally loved the ending shootout, better than the Matrix lobby scene. Just because....Especially when the police move into his house and he swings down and closes the door. That was just plain cool.