Has Bitboys got a product yet?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Their website alludes to one. Are they still dicking around, and if so how are they still a company? This isn't in the general hardware section, since I don't think Bitboys has any general hardware.

For those wanting to know the deal with bitboys they promised, years ago, a card called the glaze 3d which would be better than anything the world has ever seen. I chunk them in with the makers of duke nukem forever, and team fortress 2.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
They're working with Infinium Labs, aren't thay?? ;)

Actually I was half serious, but it looks like Infinium went with Nvidia.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
There's at least one guy in these forums who says he has knowledge of what they've got coming and swears we'll all be blown away. Wonder where he's at.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
They did have some boards that made pre-production (Pyramid3D). But nothing that's gone gold.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
They did have some boards that made pre-production (Pyramid3D). But nothing that's gone gold.

I don't think hardware "goes gold".

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
I did feel like I read somewhere that they have licensed out some of their technology...but I have absolutely no proof of that whatsoever.

Pretty funny stuff. It would be awesome for them to come out of no where and produce a neat product, but with the complexit of gfx cards these days...that would be really, really difficult without some major effort in producing decent drivers...even if the hardware was unbelievable.

I imagine they are still a company because they got financed by some rich dot.com investors 5+ years ago and it has been paying a nice salary for the 4 guys that work there since then.

I have no expectations with regard to their product in the same way I have no expectations for Duke Nukem Forever...which has had a similarly sad development.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
i am an old ass follower of computer hardware stuff and I recall that back when the first nvidia TNT came out, bitboys made claims like, we're gonna have a video solution out that will beat the TNT and the V2 SLI!!

How many generations of video cards have passed since then? I've lost count.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
This isn't in the general hardware section, since I don't think Bitboys has any general hardware.
:D :beer:

edit: seems like they're making mobile gfx chipsets, for cellphones and such. I guess the all-powerful Glaze3D with embedded dram is only good on a 160x120 screen?? :D

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Korkeatasoisen grafiikan merkitys mobiilipäätelaitteissa kasvaa. Etenkin matkapuhelimissa 3D-grafiikkaa käsitellään vielä toistaiseksi ohjelmistopohjaisesti, mutta grafiikkaprosessorien markkinaosuus lisääntyy tulevaisuudessa nopeasti. Espoossa ja Noormarkussa toimiva Bitboys on erikoistunut mobiilipäätelaitteiden grafiikkaprosessorien kehittämiseen ja sen osaaminen on alansa ehdotonta huippua. Bitboysin grafiikkaprosessorien avulla mobiilipäätelaitteissa voidaan esittää entistä korkeatasoisempaa kuvaa ja multimediaa.
Toimimme kannattavasti ja rakennamme yhtiötä jo pitkälle tulevaisuuteen. Organisaatiomme, yhdessä kanssamme toimivien yhteistyökumppanien kanssa, kattaa logiikkasuunnittelun kaikki osa-alueet arkkitehtuurista verifioituun lopputuotteeseen sekä ohjelmoinnista piirilevysuunnitteluun ja -tuotantoon. Uusien tuotteiden ja asiakkuuksien myötä Bitboys kasvaa vahvasti seuraavina vuosina. 25 hengen tiimimme tarvitsee mukaan lisää osaajia tukemaan seuraavia askeleita kohti menestystä.

Organisaatiomme, yhdessä kanssamme toimivien yhteistyökumppanien kanssa, kattaa logiikkasuunnittelun kaikki osa-alueet arkkitehtuurista verifioituun lopputuotteeseen ja ohjelmoinnista piirilevysuunnitteluun ja -tuotantoon.

Etsimme jatkuvasti uusia osaajia joukkoomme. Mikäli näköalapaikka Bitboysissa kiinnostaa, jätä avoin hakemuksesi osoitteella

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Whats with the oy at the end?

Bitboys OY!!!!!!!

Sounds like someone had their tooth ripped out while coming up with the name. Or is that a Finnish thing?

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BDawg
Korkeatasoisen grafiikan merkitys mobiilipäätelaitteissa kasvaa. Etenkin matkapuhelimissa 3D-grafiikkaa käsitellään vielä toistaiseksi ohjelmistopohjaisesti, mutta grafiikkaprosessorien markkinaosuus lisääntyy tulevaisuudessa nopeasti. Espoossa ja Noormarkussa toimiva Bitboys on erikoistunut mobiilipäätelaitteiden grafiikkaprosessorien kehittämiseen ja sen osaaminen on alansa ehdotonta huippua. Bitboysin grafiikkaprosessorien avulla mobiilipäätelaitteissa voidaan esittää entistä korkeatasoisempaa kuvaa ja multimediaa.
Toimimme kannattavasti ja rakennamme yhtiötä jo pitkälle tulevaisuuteen. Organisaatiomme, yhdessä kanssamme toimivien yhteistyökumppanien kanssa, kattaa logiikkasuunnittelun kaikki osa-alueet arkkitehtuurista verifioituun lopputuotteeseen sekä ohjelmoinnista piirilevysuunnitteluun ja -tuotantoon. Uusien tuotteiden ja asiakkuuksien myötä Bitboys kasvaa vahvasti seuraavina vuosina. 25 hengen tiimimme tarvitsee mukaan lisää osaajia tukemaan seuraavia askeleita kohti menestystä.

Organisaatiomme, yhdessä kanssamme toimivien yhteistyökumppanien kanssa, kattaa logiikkasuunnittelun kaikki osa-alueet arkkitehtuurista verifioituun lopputuotteeseen ja ohjelmoinnista piirilevysuunnitteluun ja -tuotantoon.

Etsimme jatkuvasti uusia osaajia joukkoomme. Mikäli näköalapaikka Bitboysissa kiinnostaa, jätä avoin hakemuksesi osoitteella

Lost in translation? I think it says that the bit boys have naked pics of Jen and are blackmailing him into putting their name on the box for the NV40 cards!