Has anyone tried Samsung's QLED Ambient mode?

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/qled-tv/highlights/

I am looking into this, and it seems very nice. The TV itself is pretty quality, and I like the thought of not having just a black screen when the TV is off. Main reason I want one. It would be above a fireplace, with rock around it. It appears to be very easy to set up, you basically log into the app, take a picture of the TV, and the background mimics it almost perfectly. I have read reviews, and seems legit. Hoping someone here has tried it.

Its a secondary TV, our primary is a LG OLED, so picture quality of the Samsung is not most necessary. Mainly looking for the Ambient mode. Reviews show it to be very good however with the right version, and in person inspection, the TV is outstanding.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Guess not. Went ahead and got one, and have it resting on the mantle above the fireplace. Only mount that works with it, is a Samsung model which is pretty pricey. Just got it in yesterday, but haven't attempted to mount it yet. Not going to be really easy, as there are various sizes of stones used around the fireplace, with different sizes of gaps between them.

Ambient mode is pretty badass though, should be even better when I get it flush with the wall and not off it like it is nice. Other information is interesting too, news, making it look like a picture, etc. Nice concept that I can see others adopting since TV's are getting so thin and large. Having a huge black panel takes away from an otherwise neat wall.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
could you make ambient mode into a picture of a nice painting you took or something instead of the wall? a nice caravaggio for example