Has anyone taken the DLAB? (Defense Language Aptitude Battery)

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
I just took it today. I needed a score of 100 to qualify for my MOS in the Marines and I squeaked by with a 103.

It was fscking insane. I have never taken a test like this and will be quite fine if I never have to again.

Anyone else have experiences with it?

Information about the DLAB

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
grammar knowledge of the english language? i'd wtf-pwn that (my mom was a grammar teacher for like.. 25+yrs total)

oddly enough, what i think helped me the most was taking a foreign language because when you learn it in school, you learn the grammar of the language, in addition to the words and their meanings.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
grammar knowledge of the english language? i'd wtf-pwn that (my mom was a grammar teacher for like.. 25+yrs total)

oddly enough, what i think helped me the most was taking a foreign language because when you learn it in school, you learn the grammar of the language, in addition to the words and their meanings.

I'd taken quite a bit of other languages. That link in my thread makes it sound easy. Regardless, I passed so that's all the counts. :D

alyssa

Feb 27, 2007
My best friend took it. I could PM you her email address if you want me to.

xxRochellexx

May 4, 2007
*is Alyssa's best friend*

Yeah, I took the DLAB last week. You can have my e-mail address if you want it.

Lol, I actually thought the test was kind of fun... the two guys that took it with me didn't. But they both scored higher than I did.