Has anyone noticed Al Franken has gained tremendously in the last month?

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
I'm surprised how far he's come, but as liberal as I am I'd have a hard time voting for him still.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Who knows, maybe his ad parading around his wifes alcoholism really inspired people?

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Doesn't your state have someone from The Love Boat in Congress too? I guess MN goes for a different class of politicians.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Tab
I'm surprised how far he's come, but as liberal as I am I'd have a hard time voting for him still.

Why? He's extremely bright, and he's right. The fact that he's funny, too, is a bonus. What more do you want? :confused:

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: Tab

Why? He's extremely bright, and he's right. What more do you want?

Smart? Smart? Imagine electing smart people!
Nah, lets stick with morons like Bush. After all, compared to Palin Bush is a genius.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Thump553
Doesn't your state have someone from The Love Boat in Congress too? I guess MN goes for a different class of politicians.

Uh... no? We do have the first Muslim U.S. Representative, Keith Ellison, and to contrast him we also have a Jesus freak, Michelle Bachmann.

I was dead set on voting for Barkley a couple days ago but I'm still pondering Franken. It'll be a tough choice between them. Part of me really wants to vote for someone who doesn't have to answer to any party. But another part of me really likes Al Franken.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Thump553
That was Gopher from the Love Boat. Don't remember what state. Don't forget Sonny Bono!

EDIT: Gopher was Fred Grandy who was a Republican rep from Iowa.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
the idea of Senator Franken makes me incredibly sad for the state of politics in this country.

at least Jesse Ventura's retardation was limited within the confines of his own state and whatever cable news program was so desperate to fill time that they'd give him some air.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: loki8481
the idea of Senator Franken makes me incredibly sad for the state of politics in this country.

at least Jesse Ventura's retardation was limited within the confines of his own state and whatever cable news program was so desperate to fill time that they'd give him some air.

A Senator is far less dangerous if he's incompetent than a Governor.

And I think Franken will surprise everyone and be a good Senator. Especially as an independent voice in Congress.

daniel49

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Originally posted by: techs
http://www.realclearpolitics.c..._senate-257.html#polls

Minnesota polls seem pretty wacky to begin with, but the numbers have really changed.
I am wondering how many Barkley supporters in the polls will not want to "throw their vote away" and how they will split.
Just a month or two ago this seemed like a fairly safe Republican seat.

so he tripled his supporters from one to three?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: loki8481

Oh my God. Where the f have you been. Let me give you my hanky.