KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
So with the NFL season right around the corner I went to my cable provider, as I do every year, to order Red Zone. They informed me that a company called DAZN had acquired all of the rights to NFL (and other sports) in Canada, so I will no longer be able to get Red Zone through my cable box. DAZN is a sports streaming service and in Canada now it is the only place to get thing like Sunday Ticket and Red Zone. OK, fine. So I sign up; it's $20 per month or $150 for an entire year, with the first month free.

Seems like a great idea, except now whenever I try to watch thing the site inevitably hangs and gives me a spinning circle every four or five minutes, then eventually it conks out completely and I have to refresh the page. Anyone else used this service and have similar issues? Any way to fix it? My internet is very solid at 100 Mbps down and 20 up; Speedtest puts me consistently at 95 down. I put a ticket in with the the company, but have not heard back yet, so thought I would check to see if anyone else has used these guys while I wait.

At this point I am starting to feel like I should just cancel this and stream from Reddit during the season...

KT

Feb 25, 2011
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Meliodas

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I wish I could get it here. Way cheaper than Sunday Ticket. Heh, looks like you get a hell of a deal if you're a fan of American sports living in Japan. NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
It's ok, but not ideal. I was watching some Russian league hockey yesterday and that came through pretty well with no stuttering. So it seems like it just may be specific feeds that are problematic.

If it crashes on Sunday though I'll lose my shit.

KT

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
seemed to work ok last night, although it took a while for the signal to establish

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
seemed to work ok last night, although it took a while for the signal to establish

Yep, had the exact same experience. Took forever to get the signal, but once it did, very solid and it looked great. Let's hope it holds up for Sunday.

KT

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
After i got a signal the quality was horrible for a minute or so and then straightened out