Has anyone ever watched the movie called Identity? (Spoilers!!!)

KhoiFather

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2002
Holy crap, that movie is so confusing. Can anybody explain to me what happened? Did that mental guy thought he was the kid or did he play all of those characters in his mind or something? Geesh, it's nuts!

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Ok...The entire part of the movie that took place at the hotel was in his head.

He had multiple personalities and it was sort of them all coming together and then being eliminated until there was only one left. They had hoped that the last one would be one of his good personalities, but it turns out that the child was the most evil of all and ended up taking over.

KhoiFather

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2002
oOoOo, but I don't get how near the end when all those people are taking to him, and asking him how all those people died and then that one guy tosses a couple of pictures on the table for the mental guy (Ed) to see. So, nobody actually died?

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: KhoiFather
oOoOo, but I don't get how near the end when all those people are taking to him, and asking him how all those people died and then that one guy tosses a couple of pictures on the table for the mental guy (Ed) to see. So, nobody actually died?

The situation at the hotel was similar to the one that he was convicted of. (I think)

When he was 9, he murdered a bunch of people at a hotel. I think those pictures were from that murder.

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
I really enjoyed that movie. The part that threw me for a loop the most was when John Cusack's character looked into the mirror and saw himself as that heavyset deathrow convict. Damn that was a cool twist! Everything came together then but it took a few minutes to digest and that was cool too.

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Originally posted by: klee58
I really enjoyed that movie. The part that threw me for a loop the most was when John Cusack's character looked into the mirror and saw himself as that heavyset deathrow convict. Damn that was a cool twist! Everything came together then but it took a few minutes to digest and that was cool too.
That's what confused me too. I realized there was another killer being put on an hearing for clemency, but when I saw John Cusak's character, I thought he was the hotel killer and was on trial later for a similar type killing.

WELL worth the 9.25. I enjoyed the movie very much. I will most definatly pick it up on DVD.

I actually thought i'd have trouble sleeping. That little kid was creepy as hell. "Whores don't get a second chance" made chills run down my spine

bonk102

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
very odd and confusing movie, it was tough to follow the whole time, i left the theatre with questions to say the least

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
This movie was only confusing if you weren't paying attention. Stick to Sandler movies if you couldn't follow it.

The real murders a the apartment had nothing to do with the fake murders at the hotel
The hotel was all a fantasy
He wasn't a kid when the apartment murders happened, those happened 4 years prior to the film
The psychiatrist tried to get the killers mind to kill off all the extra personalities including the murderous one...
...but he missed one, as the child personality fooled him and in the end killed the last remaining non-violent personality

Stupid movie, all in all. The last 15 minutes made the first 75 totally irrelevant.

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by: pulse8
How so?

Because none of it was real. Once you realize that nothing you have seen actually happened, why should you care what happens to a phantom?

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: jaeger66
Originally posted by: pulse8
How so?

Because none of it was real. Once you realize that nothing you have seen actually happened, why should you care what happens to a phantom?

Because it introduces the personalities. It brought you into a world that allowed you know these people not as phantoms but as actual personalities which in his condition was exactly who they were.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
u can generally figure these movies out using the economy of characters rule. no character is introduced without a reason. i almost got it, i suspected the kid was just not right when the mom died. but then i forgot about the kid %@# haha:) doh!

i thought the movie was pretty straight forward once the psychiatrist revealed all that stuff:) still a good movie.