Has anyone ever heard of the Visa/Mastercard "Black" card?

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
I have heard that certain major credit card companies will issue a "black" card to certain people. They don't even advertise or offer it to the public. But they will give it to a very very small amount of people, obviously those with incredible amounts of money. It is said that with one of these cards, you can call and order anything you want and have it delivered to you, etc etc.....all kinds of amazing and ridiculous features. Anyone else heard of these cards? I believe they're called "black" cards.

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000
The only one that I know of is the Amex Centurion. You're invited to join if you're qualified.

Imdmn04

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2002
How rich do u have to be to get one of those cards?

doctor rich?
movie star rich?
Mark Cuban rich?
or Paul Allen kinda rich?

Obviously you dont need to be Bill Gates rich to get this card, because if that was true, there would be 1 black card in the world.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
annual fee is $5000
rolleye.gif

one FW'er has it.

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
Visa in the US has Visa Signature, and mostly in asia they have Visa Infinite. Not quite as many bennies as the Amex card but its teh same thing, they have ot invite you.

My dad has a Signature card. There is no fee, but i've never tried the concierge service

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: RichieZ
Visa in the US has Visa Signature, and mostly in asia they have Visa Infinite. Not quite as many bennies as the Amex card but its teh same thing, they have ot invite you.

My dad has a Signature card. There is no fee, but i've never tried the concierge service

DUDE! Call up and ask for some fine chicks to be delivered at your place. What good is a signature card if you ain't having two chicks at the same time.

What does your dad do?

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
I didn't realize MC and Visa had a 'black' card, you sure you are not talking about the AMEX Centurian?

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Originally posted by: RichieZ

DUDE! Call up and ask for some fine chicks to be delivered at your place. What good is a signature card if you ain't having two chicks at the same time.

What does your dad do?

oops i looked it up, you can apply for the signature card My dad never applied for it tho, they upgraded his cc to it

TechnoKid

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
What if you found one?????!??!?!?!?

I know what I'd do with it....

return it of course! the person is rich! he'd give you wads of money for being such a good person! you'd "know" a rich dude!

then again, why did the rich person loose their card in the first place?

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
Originally posted by: TechnoKid

return it of course! the person is rich! he'd give you wads of money for being such a good person! you'd "know" a rich dude!

Ha, in your dreams. They would pat you on the back tell you you did the right thing and walk away. :(

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: TechnoKid

They would probably give you like a $10 reward.

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
One of my friends has the Amex Centurian card. Its funny to watch him use it in places like Walmart because the clerks have no idea what the card is most of the time. On threatened to call the cops because she thought it was a fake card. Some of the things that card allows is hilarious. You can arrange to have a store "closed" so you can shop in private. A bunch of us are trying to convince him to do something stupid like get a Target or Payless closed. So who is this guy? Well, you hear less about his family nowadays since they got knocked off the Global 1000 because their company dropped below $1B in sales.

Tetsuo

Lifer
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Windogg
One of my friends has the Amex Centurian card. Its funny to watch him use it in places like Walmart because the clerks have no idea what the card is most of the time. On threatened to call the cops because she thought it was a fake card. Some of the things that card allows is hilarious. You can arrange to have a store "closed" so you can shop in private. A bunch of us are trying to convince him to do something stupid like get a Target or Payless closed. So who is this guy? Well, you hear less about his family nowadays since they got knocked off the Global 1000 because their company dropped below $1B in sales.

Sure....
rolleye.gif

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: DaWhim
annual fee is $5000
rolleye.gif

one FW'er has it.

1. If you've got enough money to even qualify for this card (If you even ask about what it takes to qualify you do not qualify) then $5k/year is like a regular person paying 10 cents per year
2. The benefits you get from the card FAR outweigh the piddly ammount you pay. Think automatic upgrades on flights/hotels at no charge, personal assistants wherever you go at no charge, etc... You'd burn through the $5k annual fee in your first few weeks of using this card if you were to pay for it on your own.